Project Manager II – Lead Scheduler (Closed)
Project Manager II – Lead Scheduler
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District
Location: Program Management Office, Downtown Los Angeles
Salary Range: $143.9K to $169.3K annual, depending upon experience
• Coordinate the preparation of project schedules based on defined project execution philosophies
• Perform contractor schedule reviews for contract conformance and quality assurance
• Evaluate contract change orders and amendments for impact on budget and schedule
• Participate in change order negotiations
• Perform Critical Path and Earned Value analyses
• Identify schedule related problems which arise during project execution and recommend corrective actions and creative solutions
• Conduct construction/project site visits for progress reporting
• Review contractor’s weekly and monthly schedule progress and present to management for decision making
• Review and evaluate contractor recovery schedules
• Perform cost analysis in support of design and construction phases of capital projects
• Analyze actual expenditures versus budget performance
• Prepare cost loaded schedule to support comprehensive cash flow projections
• Understand, interpret and apply contracts, policies and procedures within Build LACCD guidelines
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Develop standard program scheduling code for implementation across all campuses
• Develop the program level baseline schedule with oversee the monthly update by each campus
• Develop program schedule report and oversee the monthly update by each campus
• Coordinate with Procurement Department for latest update on procurement schedule
• Disseminate the procurement schedule to all campuses
• Coordinate with PMO Communication Department for Board special reports
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration or other related field. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
• 15 years of experience in project or program scheduling on large construction programs.
• Advanced proficiency in specified software including, but not limited to, Primavera Scheduling Software, MS Office Applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Proliance.
• Theories, principles and practices of cost engineering and scheduling.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Flexibility in schedule and transportation to work at multiple sites based on assigned schedule and duties.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Wednesday January 20, 2016 @ 12:00 noon
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Manager II – Lead Scheduler
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: January 25-26, 2016
Interviews: January 27-February 3, 2016
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: February 2016