Project Manager II, Pierce College (Closed)
PROJECT MANAGER II
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) – Pierce College
Salary Range: $147.8K to $164.3K annual base salary, depending upon experience
• Lead a construction team in accordance with district and program policies and procedures for College construction bond operations.
• Train team on all LACCD and PMO policies and procedures
• Follow and successfully execute program Quality Management System
• Report and collaborate with Program Management Office on all project matters
• Review and develop contract documents
• Plan, Organize, direct, coordinate, and report performance of College Project Management team and construction projects.
• Identify risk and create risk mitigation plans successfully
• Documents and reports all project data accurately and in a timely manner
• Create and present project and college data clearly to multiple stakeholder groups
• Successfully manage and execute 5 to 10 projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value and complexity from $2M to $20M each.
• Successfully delivering construction projects on schedule and within budget
• Coordination of budget and schedule information with the Relocation Project Manager regarding FF&E, Asset Disposition/Surplus, and Relocation
• Successfully closeout projects to include DSA closeout and PMO/District closeout
• Tracks all project status and provides management reports relative to overall program relative to construction project delivery schedules
• Tracks status and provides management reports relative to scheduling, cost control, staffing and other related construction contract requirements
• Reviews recommended actions in resolving disputes relative to construction projects
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Collaborate with other project managers, project inspectors, consultants, and contractors during design phase of projects, and to identify and address immediate project needs during construction.
• Prepare agendas, lead, and participate in project design and construction meetings. Participates in regular on-site contractor meetings to discuss project schedule and milestones.
• Oversee consultants and coordinates, organizes, and collaborates with project inspectors, project engineers, consultants, and contractors:
o During contract, plans, and specifications disputes.
o Regarding project schedules and upcoming activities, and
• Review, coordinate and respond where appropriate to designer/contractor requests for information (RFIs) during design/construction.
• Attend and participate in building user group meetings. Interface with Taskforce Leader.
• Organizes, prepares, and distributes design review comments.
• Prepares requests for proposals for consultant services and projects.
• Assist through bidding process; responds to contractor inquiries, prepare addendums.
• Reviews, prepares, and approves contractor and consultant invoices.
• Reviews contractor submittals for conformance to project requirements.
• Negotiates, facilitates, and prepares change orders for construction projects and solicits change order approval.
• Provides quality assurance in reviewing consultant design and construction documents to ensure project needs are met, best management practices are implemented, and deliverables are provided.
• Manage offsite permits as required.
• Provide time-sensitive and effective support to maintain project schedule and budget. Update estimate to complete with current financial information and exposures.
• Participates effectively at regular team meetings using appropriate interpersonal and problem solving skills with conflict resolution strategies as needed.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• 5 years experience in Management of multiple construction projects; experience within a large capital improvement program and familiarity with relevant Public Codes
• 2 years experience in Higher Educational Facility Construction preferred
• BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
• Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
• Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include master planning, design and closeout
• Experience in alternative delivery method
• Experience with using a web based project management system such as Proliance
• Experience in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS)
• Experience in Formal Construction Partnering
• Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes or similar
• A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the California State Board for Professional Engineers and Land
• A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Monday October 9, 2017 @ 9:00am (no late submissions accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Manager II Pierce College
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of October 16, 2017
Interviews: Week of October 16, 2017
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: October/November
Recruitment No.: SAC-137
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org