Project Manager II: WBCx, Warranty, Closeout (Closed)
Project Manager II: Whole Building Commissioning (WBCx), Warranty, Closeout
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District
Location: Program Management Office / Various Colleges
Salary Range: $143.9K to $169.3K annual, depending upon experience
• Lead and coordinate with campus building project teams, including several different architect, construction, commissioning, warranty and closeout team and facility members in accordance with district and program policies and procedures for College construction bond operations.
• Train all project team members on all LACCD and Project Manager Office (PMO) policies and procedures.
• Follow and successfully execute program Quality Management System, Whole Building Commissioning, Closeout, Training, and Warranty programs.
• Report and collaborate with Program Management Office on all project matters.
• Procure project services for program projects, including scoping and preparation of RFP’s for services, schedule review team, coordinate reviews and evaluations that conform to LACCD and PMO policies.
• Review and develop contract documents for Quality Management System, Whole Building Commissioning, Closeout, Training, and Warranty programs, assist with contract negotiation, if required.
• Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and report performance of Quality Management System, Whole Building Commissioning, Closeout, Training, and Warranty programs for construction projects.
• Identify risk and create risk mitigation plans successfully, report as required to LACCD and PMO.
• Documents and report all project data accurately and in a timely manner.
• Create and present project and college data clearly to multiple stakeholder groups.
• Successfully manage and execute 5 to 10 projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value and complexity from $1.5M to $40M each.
• Successful delivery documentation of multiple, simultaneous construction projects to report on schedule and budget
• Track project status and provides management reports relative to overall program construction project delivery schedules for Quality Management System, Whole Building Commissioning, Closeout, Training, and Warranty programs.
• Review recommended actions in resolving disputes relative to current and past construction projects.
• Communicate and update Facilities staff on project to complete turn over of closeout documentation for Operational Management by LACCD.
• Create Warranty and Closeout data base for facilities Occupancy.
• Directs and assists in outreach efforts to provide information about college projects.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the District and PMO.
MANAGEMENT SERVICES FOR EACH PHASE OF PROJECT DELIVERY:
• Coordinate, document and establish Owner Project Requirements (OPR).
• Confirm and validate Basis of Design for each project.
• Complete Design Reviews.
• Complete Submittal Reviews.
• Prepare documentation, coordinate and attend all pre-construction, construction and post construction meetings as related to Commissioning, Warranty and Closeout.
• Coordinate and perform observation walks of construction site, with and without facility teams, including College Project Team (CPT) and IT members.
• Prepare and distribute Visual Observation Reports with photo documentation.
• Complete review of systems not in 3rd party commissioning contract based on PMO direction.
• Commission Architectural Elements of Construction.
Closeout Quality Control:
• Collect, track and transmit closeout documentation and extra stock.
• Schedule training of facilities and develop and/or review agendas for completeness.
• Video training, recording, downloading, conversion, disc creation and distribution.
• Quality Assessment and control investigation and documentation of existing projects for issues as directed by the PMO.
• Confirm O & M documentation is complete and turn over to LACCD.
Other required tasks
• Building Exterior Enclosure commissioning process coordination as per ASHRAE NIBS 3.
• Coordination with PMO and LACCD on updates, approved forms, SOP, etc.
• Project participation and coordination with LACCD CMMS program.
• Coordination, commissioning, closeout and plans delivery of past projects.
• Organize and distribute Closeout binders for completeness.
• Lessons learned documentation, presentations and reporting.
• Cost saving documentation, presentation and reports.
• Minimum Required Qualifications:
• 5 years’ experience in Construction and Program Management of simultaneous, multiple, major, capital, and public institutional construction projects; at least 5 years experience with large public capital improvement programs.
• Familiarity with relevant, Federal, State, County Public Codes and Public Bond procedures for a large public work program.
• Experience in completing Whole Building Commissioning, Warranty, Quality Assessment/Quality Control, including Closeout requirements.
• BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field. At least 15 years applied Construction Project Management experience will be considered in lieu of a BA/BS degree. Qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for education requirement.
• 5 years’ experience in major institutional public projects programs, with multiple campuses and projects with multiple program delivery teams.
• 5 years’ experience in successfully managing multiple, simultaneous, public construction projects through programming, design, construction, commissioning and closeout.
• Experience executing Whole Building commissioning program requirements.
• Authored, Commissioning, Warranty, Quality Assessment/Quality Control program documentation for large, multi building and campuses program, used as standards for build program.
• Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include programing, design, construction, commissioning, Occupancy, transition, warranty and closeout.
• Experience in alternative project delivery methods used for large construction programs.
• Experience with using a web based system such as Proliance and Projectwise.
• Experience in Coordinating Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS).
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Monday February 1, 2016 @ 12:00 noon
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Manager II WBCx
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of February 8, 2016
Interviews: Week of February 15, 2016
Number of positions: 2
Anticipated Start: February 2016