Project Manager III / PLA (Closed)
Project Manager III Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Administrator
Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Salary: up to $170.0K annual depending on experience.
The Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Administrator provides general guidance and direction and renders assistance to the PMO to manage PLA compliance, grievances, protests, or any other disputes that may arise from the implementation of the PLA; and collaborates with the CED Program to maximize opportunities for local and disadvantaged workers on Build Program projects.
• Manage and interpret the PLA, including all amendments.
• Manage and issue PLA contract interpretations and notices as requested by the PMO
• Consult with Los Angeles and Orange County Building and Construction Trades Council and Southwest Regional Council of Carpenters as necessary and required by the PMO
• Manage all PLA grievance procedures, and document and mediate conflicts between unions and contractors
• Collect, store and distribute Letters of Assent from each contractor performing work on PLA covered projects
• Monitor union and contractor compliance with dispatch procedures and use of the Craft Employee Request Form
• Utilize certified payroll data to determine compliance with PLA manpower composition (apprentices, core employees, etc.) on construction jobsites.
• Coordinate quarterly Labor/Management meetings with the Los Angeles and Orange County Building and Construction Trades Council and Southwest Regional Council of Carpenters
• Participate in pre-bid and job start meetings to ensure contractor understanding of PLA requirements
• Establish PLA Training Certification Program and require contractors to obtain certification prior to performing work on a construction contract;
• Provide PLA training to PMO, CPMs and District staff; and
• Generate quarterly appraisals of union manpower availability and apprenticeship openings by craft in the Los Angeles region.
• Assist and advise contractors and/or unions working under the PLA with the following activities:
• Policies and practices related to PLA Community Economic Development Program efforts to achieve local and disadvantaged local worker hiring goals; local, small, emerging and disabled veteran (LSEDV) business enterprise participation goals; and access to apprenticeship training;
• Determine placement/dispatch opportunities for new apprentices to increase local worker and disadvantaged local worker participation;
• Clarify for contractors the core worker ratios; and
• Visit District construction sites to monitor PLA compliance by contractors and unions, including adherence with the local worker and disadvantaged local worker hiring goals.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Minimum of 10 years experience serving as the PLA Administrator for multi-billion capital improvement programs in the Los Angeles region, including leadership responsibilities for conflict resolution and related procedures, compliance and enforcement, contractor training, and implementation of local worker hiring programs.
• Communicate verbally and in written form in an effective and professional manner.
• Anticipate and effectively address emerging challenges or opportunities through partnering between PMO, contractors and unions.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with union leadership and contractor community.
• Act judiciously under pressure and adhere to LACCD policies and protocols at all times.
• Evaluate and review areas of concern and work with PMO to find solutions and resolve issues of concern.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must possess a Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree from a recognized college or university
Preferred coursework emphasis in business, communications, public administration, construction management, engineering, or other coursework supplemented by direct, documented experience in this field.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Thursday August 21, 2014 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: Project Manager III (PLA Administrator)