Project Manager III / Warranty (Closed)
Project Manager III / Warranty
Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Salary: up to $170.0K annual depending on experience.
• Warranty staff with report to Director of Construction
• Provide service to campus facilities working with the College Project Teams (CPT) with regard to managing warranty fulfillment and capturing all warranty opportunities.
• In collaboration with owner, PM and design team confirm OPR and BOD contain adequate provisions to meet owner’s requirements for warranties/Maintenance and Operations. Ensure contract documents accurately reflect these requirements
• Collaborate with the CPT, CxA, and contracting teams from project inception to coordinate delivery of fully compliant/ complete warranties and maintenance & operations manuals within the contractual and practical schedule requirements.
• Review contractor submitted maintenance & operations manuals and warranties for content and accuracy; provide to campus facilities when complete and accepted by design professional, CxA, and the CPT.
• Track aging of all completed projects for expiration of warranties; schedule and perform warranty pre-expiration observation walk; report and track all reported/discovered warranty issues/corrections.
• Respond to any reported warranty issues or requests for warranty service. Characterize as warranty or non-warranty, determine defects issues, abuse, maintenance and other factors affecting warranty fulfillment.
• Investigate warranty issues: evaluate warranty request for validity; monitor and control work associated with warranty issues.
• Organize and schedule the contracting team to execute corrective warranty work in a manner non-disruptive to campus activities and within campus guidelines, as dictated by campus facilities.
• Manage resolution of work covered by warranty that shall be corrected to a condition that fully complies with the requirements of the contract documents.
• Develop failure classification and service characterization report and record all warranty activities associated with system, subsystem, or component of warranted work.
• Issue reinstatement of warranties: by written endorsement failed, warranted work that is replaced, removed, or substantially rebuilt the original warranty shall be renewed commencing from corrected work service date as a requirement of contract documents.
• Coordinate 11-month warranty observation with campus facilities, the CPT, CxA, design-build team (or A&E, GC) prior to warranty expiration. A walk-through of the project during the 11 months following final completion for the purpose of reviewing the work and identifying any items which may require correction where work is inconsistent with the intended use or basis of design.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• 10-15 years experience in Management of multiple construction projects; experience within a large capital improvement program and familiarity with relevant Public Codes
• Minimum 3 years experience in Educational Facility Construction preferred
• BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
• Proficiency with Microsoft office and related spreadsheet and database software
• Flexibility in schedule & transportation to work at multiple sites based on assigned schedule and duties
• Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
• Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include master planning, design and closeout
• Experience in alternative delivery methods
• Experience with using a web based project management system such as Proliance or similar
• Experience in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS)
• Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes or similar
• A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or
• Professional Engineer by the California State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
• A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Thursday August 21, 2014 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Project Manager III (Warranty)