College Project Director – Pierce College (Closed)
PROJECT MANAGER IV (COLLEGE PROJECT DIRECTOR)
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD), Los Angeles Pierce College
Salary Range: $176.8K to $208.0K annual base salary, depending upon experience
• Lead a College Project Management Team (CPT), in accordance with LACCD program policies.
• Organize, direct, train, and manage a College Project Management team (CPT) ranging in size from 3 to 6 people.
• Successfully manage and execute 5 to 10 projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value and complexity from $1M to $50M each.
• Successfully deliver construction projects on schedule and within budget.
• Track, address and resolve all project issues in a timely manner.
• Review, negotiate, and process all change order requests per LACCD’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Review and develop design and construction contract documents in collaboration with the PMO.
• Coordinate budget and schedule information with the Relocation Project Manager regarding FF&E, Asset Disposition/Surplus, and Relocation.
• Successfully closeout projects to include DSA closeout and PMO/District closeout.
• Collaborate closely with all PMO and LACCD departments from project planning through final completion.
• Identify project risks. Create and implement risk mitigation plans.
• Create and present project and program information periodically to multiple stakeholder groups.
• Report on a weekly basis on the status of the College program to LACCD, the College Administration, and the PMO.
• Track all project status and provides management reports relative to overall progress relative to construction project delivery schedules.
• Track status and provides management reports relative to scheduling, cost control, staffing and other related construction contract requirements.
• Review and inspect construction site offices to assess performance of construction teams and adherence to legal requirements.
• Monitor, track, address and mitigate construction disputes in collaboration with the PMO.
• Direct and assist in outreach efforts to provide information about college projects.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the PMO and LACCD.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• 15 years experience in Management of multiple construction projects; experience within a large Capital Improvement program and familiarity with relevant Public Codes.
• 7 years experience in Educational Facility Construction preferred.
• BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
• Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
• Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include master planning, design and closeout
• Experience in alternative delivery method
• Experience with using a web based project management system such as Proliance
• Experience in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS)
• Experience in Formal Construction Partnering
• Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes or similar
• A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the California State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
• A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Wednesday May 8, 2019 @ 9:00am (late submissions cannot be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Manager IV (CPD) Pierce College
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of May 13, 2019
Interviews: Week of May 20, 2019
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: June 2019
Recruitment No.: SAC-212 reissued
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org