Project Manager IV – College Project Director (Closed)
PROJECT MANAGER IV (COLLEGE PROJECT DIRECTOR)
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD), Los Angeles Trade Tech College
Salary Range: $176.8K to $200.8K annual base salary, depending upon experience
- Lead a College Project Management Team (CPT), in accordance with LACCD program policies.
- Organize, direct, train, and manage a College Project Management team (CPT) ranging in size from 3 to 6 people.
- Successfully manage and execute 5 to 10 projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value and complexity from $1M to $50M each.
- Successfully deliver construction projects on schedule and within budget.
- Track, address and resolve all project issues in a timely manner.
- Review, negotiate, and process all change order requests per LACCD’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Review and develop design and construction contract documents in collaboration with the PMO.
- Coordinate budget and schedule information with the Relocation Project Manager regarding FF&E, Asset Disposition/Surplus, and Relocation.
- Successfully closeout projects to include DSA closeout and PMO/District closeout.
- Collaborate closely with all PMO and LACCD departments from project planning through final completion.
- Identify project risks. Create and implement risk mitigation plans.
- Create and present project and program information periodically to multiple stakeholder groups.
- Report on a weekly basis on the status of the College program to LACCD, the College Administration, and the PMO.
- Track all project status and provides management reports relative to overall progress relative to construction project delivery schedules.
- Track status and provides management reports relative to scheduling, cost control, staffing and other related construction contract requirements.
- Review and inspect construction site offices to assess performance of construction teams and adherence to legal requirements.
- Monitor, track, address and mitigate construction disputes in collaboration with the PMO.
- Direct and assist in outreach efforts to provide information about college projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the PMO and LACCD.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 15 years experience in Management of multiple construction projects; experience within a large Capital Improvement program and familiarity with relevant Public Codes.
- 7 years experience in Educational Facility Construction preferred.
- BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include master planning, design and closeout
- Experience in alternative delivery method
- Experience with using a web based project management system such as Proliance
- Experience in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS)
- Experience in Formal Construction Partnering
- Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes or similar
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the California State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Wednesday November 6, 2019 @ 9:00am (late submissions cannot be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Manager / College Project Director LATTC
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of November 11, 2019
Interviews: Week of November 11, 2019
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: November 2019
Recruitment No.: SAC-250
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org