Project Manager IV: RPM & Asset Manager (Closed)
PROJECT MANAGER IV (RPM & Asset Manager)
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District
Location: LACCD Program Management Office, Downtown Los Angeles
Salary Range: $176.8K to $208.0K annual, depending upon experience
• Manage the Relocation Project Management (RPM) Team and the Asset Management (AM) Team at all nine colleges and satellites facilities, providing support and oversight of budgets, scope, policies, procedures, task orders, invoices, schedules, and personnel matters.
• Develop and implement processes, procedures and tools to ensure standardization across all colleges and manage team resources to ensure an efficient and effective organization.
• Provide direct communication to Build-LACCD Senior Management on the RPM and Asset Management team activities, priorities, metrics and accomplishments.
• Work closely with Construction, Design, Contracts, and Safety teams to ensure smooth construction projects as it relates to RPM and Asset Management activities.
• Coordinate with the College Project Director (CPD) and Relocation Project Manager at each college to gain detailed knowledge about the campus Master Plan sequence for all new and renovated buildings to ensure project success.
• Manage the Program-wide Move Management, Asset Management, and FF&E/IT budgets and forecasts.
• Provide management oversight to Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FF&E) services with emphasis in furniture and equipment review, procurement coordination and purchasing for all new, renovated buildings, and swing space projects at each college.
• Create and maintain the detailed FF&E Scope of Services for all procurement contract types.
• Work closely with CPD and college project team to ensure that design teams are providing FF&E scope per their contract.
• Consult on Master Agreement requests for proposals for the procurement and purchasing of FF&E using best-value and/or low bid public contracting.
• Work closely with Procurement on process improvement efforts to better support the RPM team in procuring all college FFE requirements.
• Manage Proposed Board Actions (PBA) through issuance of Purchase Orders, and track all Financial Close Outs in database to ensure timely processing of FF&E.
• Strategic oversight of RPM team activities for FF&E Installation, Pre-move, Move, and Post-move, as well as close-out phase activities for all projects.
• Active team involvement to ensure project FF&E and Move Management budgets and schedules are met in order to achieve successful project FF&E installations and relocations.
• Assist with scope creation, bidding, and procuring of contractors and movers for installations, delivery and connections not covered by the General Contractor or FF&E vendors.
• Review and approve PBAs, Task Order requests, and invoices for all FF&E, Asset Management, and Move Management procurement.
• Manage Asset Management Team and new asset system to ensure all required asset tagging and asset disposition is done according to District Policies and Procedures.
• Ensure FF&E Warranty documentation is provided to College Facilities upon project completion.
• Effective communication and issue resolution with team, College Project Directors, consultants, and vendors.
• Manage Program Management Office (PMO) space and facilities as required. Manage Construction Project Team (CPT) trailers and leases and associated budget.
• Manage PMO and CPT budget and procurement of required office furniture and equipment.
• Manage the Risk Register in the areas of FF&E, Move Management and Asset Management.
• Work on other special projects and assignments as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum 10-15 years’ experience managing the interior design, planning, and coordination of capital projects that included the overall design, FF&E, construction, asset management, budgeting and contract administration.
• Experience in Construction public works projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in the area of Architecture, Interior Architecture, Interior Design, Facilities Management or related field.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook, and databases.
• Effective leader to manage a team of varied personnel and outside consultants and vendors.
• Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and to set priorities and manage competing demands.
• Demonstrate a reliable, responsive and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Procurement, sourcing or asset management experience.
• Certified Interior Designer and Membership with IIDA, AIA, IFMA, LEED
• Knowledge of AutoCAD and CAFM systems
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Wednesday March 30, 2016 @ 12:00 noon
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Manager IV (RPM & Asset Manager)
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of April 4, 2016
Interviews: Week of April 4, 2016
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: April 2016