Project Manager IV: WBCx, Warranty, Closeout (Closed)
Project Manager IV: Whole Building Commissioning (WBCx), Warranty, Closeout
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District
Location: LACCD Program Management Office, Downtown Los Angeles
Salary Range: $181.0K to $213.0K annual, depending upon experience
• Lead a construction and project management team district wide program of Whole Building Commissioning and Warranty including program policies and procedures for College construction bond operations.
• Train team on all LACCD and PMO policies and procedures for Whole Building Commissioning and Warranty programs.
• Follow and successfully execute program Quality Management System.
• Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and report performance of College Project Management team and construction projects in regards to Commissioning and Warranty program.
• Successfully manage and execute 10 to 40 projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value and complexity from $2M to $60M each.
• Review recommended actions in resolving disputes relative to construction projects in regards to Commissioning and Warranty issues.
• Lead and coordinate with campus building project teams, including several different architect, construction, commissioning, warranty and closeout team and facility members in accordance with district and program policies and procedures for College construction bond operations.
• Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and report performance of Quality Management System, Whole Building Commissioning, Closeout, Training, and Warranty programs for construction projects.
• Identify risk and report as required. Create risk mitigation plans successfully.
• Create and present project and college data to multiple stakeholder groups.
• Track project status and provides management reports relative to overall program construction project delivery schedules for Quality Management System, Whole Building Commissioning, Closeout, Training, and Warranty programs.
• Communicate and update Facilities staff on project to complete turnover of closeout documentation for Operational Management by LACCD.
• Create Warranty and Closeout data base for facilities Occupancy.
• Direct and assist in outreach efforts to provide information about college projects.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the District and PMO.
MANAGEMENT SERVICES FOR EACH PHASE OF PROJECT DELIVERY:
• Coordinate, document and establish Owner Project Requirements (OPR).
• Confirm and validate Basis of Design for each project.
• Complete Design Reviews.
• Complete Submittal Reviews.
• Prepare documentation, coordinate and attend all pre-construction, construction and post construction meetings as related to Commissioning, Warranty and Closeout.
• Coordinate and perform observation walks of construction site, with and without facility teams, including College Project Team (CPT) and IT members.
• Prepare and distribute Visual Observation Reports with photo documentation.
• Complete review of systems not in 3rd party commissioning contract based on PMO direction.
• Commission Architectural Elements of Construction.
Closeout Quality Control:
• Collect, track and transmit closeout documentation and extra stock.
• Schedule training of facilities and develop and/or review agendas for completeness.
• Video training, recording, downloading, conversion, disc creation and distribution.
• Quality Assessment and control investigation and documentation of existing projects for issues as directed by the PMO.
• Confirm O & M documentation is complete and turn over to LACCD.
Other required tasks
• Building Exterior Enclosure commissioning process coordination as per ASHRAE NIBS 3.
• Coordination with PMO and LACCD on updates, approved forms, SOP, etc.
• Project participation and coordination with LACCD CMMS program.
• Coordination, commissioning, closeout and plans delivery of past projects.
• Organize and distribute Closeout binders for completeness.
• Lessons learned documentation, presentations and reporting.
• Cost saving documentation, presentation and reports.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• 10 -15 years’ experience in Construction and/or Program Management of simultaneous, multiple, major, capital, and public institutional construction projects; at least 5 years’ experience with large public capital improvement programs.
• 8 years’ experience in Educational Facility Construction preferred
• Familiarity with relevant, Federal, State, County Public Codes and Public Bond procedures for a large public work program.
• 5 years’ experience in managing Whole Building Commissioning for Higher Education projects.
• BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field. At least 15 years applied Construction Project Management experience will be considered in lieu of a BA/BS degree. Qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for education requirement such as a valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI).
• ASHRAE Commissioning Process Management Professional Certification (CPMP).
• A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI).
• Experience executing Whole Building Commissioning program requirements on Higher Education projects, Warranty, Quality Assessment/Quality Control, including Occupancy Closeout requirements.
• Executing Quality Assessment/Quality Control program documentation for large, multi building and campuses program, used as standards for build program.
• Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include programing, design, construction, closeout and warranty.
• Experience in alternative delivery method.
• Experience with using a web based project management systems Proliance and Projectwise.
• Experience in Coordinating Leadership and Environmental Design projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS).
EXCLUSIONS: Firms, Consultants and/or Individuals, and/or their staff that currently maintain a Commissioning Services Bench Agreement, or a Commissioning Services Contract/Task Order with the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD), the PMO Office, or one of the LACCD campuses are excluded from submitting a proposal for this Staff Augmentation bid/procurement Invitation #SAC-089.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Wednesday March 30, 2016 @ 12:00 noon
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Manager IV
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of April 4, 2016
Interviews: Week of April 4, 2016
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: April 2016