Project Scheduler (Closed)
Program: Los Angeles Unified School District – Program Support Services
Salary Range: $103.4K to $121.6K annual base salary plus benefits
Positions Open: One (1)
• Independently interprets and reads detailed construction drawings (Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Civil, etc.) and develops a clear understanding of work scope.
• Reviews Contractor’s Baseline schedule submissions and verifies that all work scope is identified properly and logically sequenced correctly. Provides written detailed schedule review comments.
• Performs QA/QC on contractor schedule submittals for conformance with contract. Reviews critical path, cost loading, resource loading of man-hours, schedule content, recovery schedules, use of logic relationships and lags, constraints and milestones.
• Performs schedule Time Impact Analysis for any change orders that affect the construction schedule. Conducts schedule negotiations with the OAR and the contractor for any delay time settlements.
• Reads drawings to determine if work is in or out of scope, and understands terms and conditions of the contract to determine if any compensable or non-compensable time extensions have merit.
• Performs Critical Path analysis and Earned Value analysis.
• Walks the construction sites as needed and checks the contractor’s weekly/monthly schedule progress. Provides reports to the project OAR and upper management.
• Effectively communicates with the Contractor regarding all schedule/progress related matters and concerns in the weekly status meetings and all other schedule related meetings.
• Performs Program Schedule QA/QC reviews on a regular basis.
• Performs status updates for Program Schedules/Master Schedules on a bi-monthly basis.
• Ensures proper use of Program-level standard codes, layouts and reports necessary to ensure data integrity.
• Serves as a liaison between project teams, department leadership and the Program & Project Controls department
• Prepares reports as needed and directed by Management
• 8 years full time paid professional experience in Construction Scheduling for an owner or General Contractor, preferably in an educational facility or in public works projects
• Proficiency in Primavera P6 version 8.1 or above and MS Office Suite
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
• Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in any course, but with additional two (2) years of experience in Construction Scheduling to compensate for the required education.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Monday April 16, 2018 @ 9:00 a.m. (no late submissions accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: LAUSD Project Scheduler
Special Note: Resumes submitted under the following project/program scheduler calls will not be accepted as these have been reviewed but not shortlisted: *CM-PS-0917-21 *CM-PS-1017-27 *CM-PS-0218-03
Approximate Processing Time:
SHORTLIST: Week of 4/30/18
INTERVIEW: Week of 5/7/18
SELECTION NOTIFICATION: Week of 5/21/18
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com