QA/QC Technical Reviewer – Structural (Closed)
QA/QC TECHNICAL REVIEWER – STRUCTURAL
Program: Los Angeles Unified School District – Asset Management
Salary Range: $130.8K to $153.9K annual base salary plus benefits
Positions Open: One (1)
- Performs technical review of proposed structural plans and specifications submitted by District personnel, consultant staff, or commissioned architects and engineers for construction projects
- Provides review comments regarding adherence to District standards, quality of development and documentation of structural design, coordination with other disciplines, and other technical issues as required.
- Provides comments, lessons learned and research to support the development and maintenance of the District’s Design Guidelines including the School Design Guide, Educational Specifications, Guide Technical Specifications, and Standard Technical Drawings for the Facilities Services Division.
- Provides comments and lessons learned to update and maintain District policies and guides for the design of educational facilities and/or District construction structural specifications to assure conformance to building codes and safety requirements and to improve the quality and economy of construction, maintenance, and operation.
- Coordinates activities with those of other units of Design and A/E Technical Support and other District organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ten (10) years full time paid professional experience in structural engineering planning, design and construction of educational facilities
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering or related field
- Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for up to 2 years of the educational requirement, on a year-for-year basis.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Architecture and structural engineering practices applied to repairs, modernizations, and new construction of K-12 school building planning, design, and construction
- Preparation of architectural and structural engineering specifications and related contract documents
- State and local building codes and construction industry standards and their application to school construction, including California Building Code (CBC), Cal Green Energy Code, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRE), and American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- Architectural and structural engineering systems of building materials and building costs
- Requirements of the Division of the State Architect (DSA) and California Department of Education (CDE).
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS) and other sustainability requirements.
- Commissioning processes and documentation requirements
- Ability to perform quality assurance/quality control, constructability, and peer reviews of District projects in design and construction.
- Ability to prepare and review structural standards and specifications for school buildings and other structures.
- Able to provide structural technical review and advice on proposed product substitutions, deviations from District standards, and technical questions from Owner Authorized Representatives (OARs), Inspectors, Design Managers and A/E teams.
- Provide sustained attention to complex specifications and provide clear detailed comments
- Ability to write clear and concise reports and technical descriptions for District engineering standards and project reviews.
- Able to work effectively with commissioned architects and engineers, District personnel, consultant staff, and representatives of public agencies.
- Perform quality assurance/quality control, constructability, and peer reviews
- Effective verbal and written communication
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
- A valid CA Professional Structural Engineer license by the State Board for Professional
Engineers and Land Surveyors
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
Deadline to submit resume:
September 9, 2021 @ 12:00pm noon (no late submissions accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: LAUSD QA/QC Technical Reviewer – Structural
Approximate Processing Time:
SHORTLIST: Within 1 week after resume submission deadline September 6, 2021
INTERVIEW: Within 2 weeks after resume submission deadline September 6, 2021
SELECTION NOTIFICATION: Within 3 weeks after resume submission deadline September 6, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com