Safety Manager (Closed)
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Salary Range: $96.9K to $114.4K annual base salary, depending upon experience
• Oversee and audit construction safety at multiple college campuses.
• Monitor adherence to Section (00700) of the General Conditions (GC), which outlines safety on various sections within the Bidding documents that contractors must comply with while working on District projects.
• Monitor adherence to Section (00800) of the GC, which outlines more specific on-site safety requirements with projects when a special hazard exists.
• Monitor adherence to Section (01220 and/or 013150) of the GC, which outlines in detail all Program safety requirements and provides detailed information regarding project site safety.
• Monitor adherence to Owner Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP) requirements and procedures.
• Monitor adherence to all existing OSHA requirements that relate to the specific construction projects.
• Report to the program management environmental safety and health office, including but not limited to, attending any required meetings or providing safety reports/analysis as requested.
• Immediately notify the program management environmental safety and health office of any incident or recordable injury on projects.
• Confirm that Contractor is reporting all recordable injuries and near-miss incidents within the required timelines and by filing the proper forms.
• Review and provide comments to the College Project Team (CPT) on the project-specific “Project Health, Safety & Environmental Plan (PHSEP)” as prepared by the Contractor.
• Perform ongoing construction site safety inspections and generate safety report for all site visits.
• Identify site safety hazards and provide immediate direction to contractor safety representative to eliminate or mitigate them.
• Perform reviews and inspections of the jobsite to assure compliance with health and safety regulations and applicable codes.
• Participate in site inspections and testing as necessary for required permits, including confined space, hot work, trenching, etc.
• Accompany OSHA representatives on site walks to observe and record. Issue a report within 24 hours to the College Project Team (CPT) and the program management environmental safety and health office.
• Confirm that the New Hire Safety Orientation DVD and on-line safety training are available onsite.
• Coordinate with the Complex Project Manager Safety Representative on an on-going basis and provide assistance as required.
• During construction, coordinate and meet periodically with the Contractor’s safety representative.
• Confirm that contractors are performing tailgate safety meetings and training as required by their Contract and/or OSHA requirements.
• Attend pre-bid conferences and highlight the main safety requirements of the specific contract and LACCD guidelines.
• Attend pre-construction meetings to present LACCD’s safety program and the role of the field safety representative.
• Attend weekly construction progress meetings and provide input and feedback on the safety performance of the contractors.
• Review qualifications of the contractors’ safety representatives and provide recommendation (when requested by CPM).
• Recommend to the College Project Team (CPT) removal of contractors’ safety representative for negligence, incompetence, or failure to cooperate in good faith.
• Assist Owner Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP) manager in investigating claims and filing related paperwork.
• Monitor adherence to zero tolerance and corrective action policy for workers found not in compliance with the Program’s safety policy.
• Conduct project safety stand-downs with all crews to review the incident for injuries. Educate all site workers on how to prevent a repeat accident.
• Issue a lessons learned summary Program-wide to all contractors and program staff within 24 hours of an incident or injury to prevent repeating the incident.
• Advise and inform CPT management and program management office on safety rules and regulations.
• Instruct CPT supervisors and employees in the proper use and care of personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Minimum 7 to 10 years construction/safety experience in the type of work being performed.
• Evidence of completing OSHA 30 Hour Construction Outreach Training within the last three years. In the alternative, evidence of completing the OSHA 500 or OSHA 502 Class may be provided.
• Current First Aid and CPR training from a provider recognized by OSHA.
• Minimum of holding a valid Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) certificate issued by the BCSP Board of Certified Safety Professionals or similar qualifications.
• Experience on large construction program.
• Flexibility in schedule and transportation to work at multiple sites based on assigned schedule and duties.
• Proficiency with Microsoft office and related spreadsheet and database software.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment.
• Construction management, safety management, safety engineer or related degree is preferred.
• Experience on modernization-type projects involving asbestos and lead-based paint disturbance.
• Familiarity with large building programs across multiple sites.
• Additional safety/health certifications and credentials.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Wednesday April 18, 2018 @ 3:00pm (no late submissions will be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Safety Manager
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of April 23, 2018
Interviews: Week of April 30, 2018
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: May 2018
Recruitment No.: SAC-174
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org