Safety Manager (Closed)
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) – Pierce, Mission, and Valley College campus
Salary Range: $103.4K to $121.6K annual base salary, depending upon experience
- Oversee and audit construction safety at multiple college campuses.
- Monitor adherence to the LACCD District General Conditions (GC), which defines safety requirements that contractors must comply with while working on District projects.
- Perform Daily Safety reviews of work in progress in accordance with current Safety Regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as developed and updated by Build-LACCD.
- Submit Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Safety reports as require
- Monitor compliance to Division 1 Specifications, Section 013150 Safety Requirements of the GC, which outlines in detail all Program safety requirements and provides detailed information regarding project site safety.
- Monitor adherence to Owner Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP) requirements and procedures.
- Monitor compliance to all current OSHA requirements that relate to the specific construction projects.
- Report to the Program Safety Manager, including but not limited to, attending any required meetings or providing safety reports/analysis as requested.
- Immediately notify the Program Safety Manager of any incident or recordable injury on projects.
- Confirm that Design Build Entity (DBE) or Design Bid Build (DBB) Contractor is reporting all recordable injuries and near-miss incidents within the required timelines and by filing the proper forms. Review the report for accuracy before filing.
- Review and provide comments to the College Project Team (CPT) on the project-specific “Project Health, Safety & Environmental Plan (PHSEP)” as prepared by the DBE or DBB Contractor.
- Perform ongoing construction site safety inspections and generate safety report for all site visits.
- Identify site safety hazards and provide immediate direction to contractor safety representative to eliminate or mitigate them.
- Perform reviews and inspections of the jobsite to assure compliance with health and safety regulations and applicable codes.
- Participate in site inspections and testing as necessary for required permits, including confined space, hot work, trenching, etc.
- Accompany OSHA representatives on site walks to observe and record. Issue a report within 24 hours to the College Project Team (CPT) and the program management environmental safety and health office.
- Confirm that the New Hire Safety Orientation on-line safety training are available onsite.
- Coordinate with the DBE or DBB Contractor Safety Representative on an on-going basis and provide assistance as required.
- During construction, coordinate and meet periodically with the Contractor’s safety representative.
- Confirm that contractors are performing tailgate safety meetings and training as required by their Contract and/or OSHA requirements.
- Attend pre-bid conferences and highlight the main safety requirements of the specific contract and LACCD guidelines.
- Attend pre-construction meetings to present LACCD’s safety program and the role of the field safety representative.
- Attend weekly construction progress meetings and provide input and feedback on the safety performance of the contractors. Review the three week look-ahead report to identify high risk phase in construction activity that will require a preparatory safety meeting with CPT staff and DBE or DBB site representatives before start of work. Example: electrical shut down, permit required confined spaces work, steel erection, excavations, scaffold erection, etc.
- Review qualifications of the DBE or DBB Contractors’ Safety Representatives and provide recommendation to the CPT PM.
- Perform Build-LACCD Safety Orientation with the DBE or DBB Contractor’s site safety representative and site superintendent prior to the start of the project mobilization.
- Recommend to the College Project Team (CPT) removal of contractors’ safety representative for negligence, incompetence, or failure to cooperate in good faith.
- Assist Owner Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP) manager in investigating claims and filing related paperwork.
- Monitor adherence to zero tolerance and corrective action policy for workers found not in compliance with the Program’s safety policy.
- Conduct project safety stand-downs with all crews to review the incident for injuries. Educate all site workers on how to prevent a repeat accident.
- Issue Lesson Learned report to Program Safety Manager within 72 hours following the Incident Report filing from the DBE or DBB Contractor.
- Advise and inform CPT management and program management office on safety rules and regulations.
- Instruct CPT supervisors and employees in the proper use and care of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Attend Weekly Scheduled CPT meeting and provide safety awareness based on upcoming work.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 7 to 10 years construction/safety experience in the type of work being performed.
- Evidence of completing OSHA 30 Hour Construction Outreach Training within the last three years. In the alternative, evidence of completing the OSHA 500 or OSHA 502 Class may be provided.
- Current First Aid and CPR training from a provider recognized by OSHA.
- Minimum of holding a valid Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) certificate issued by the BCSP Board of Certified Safety Professionals or similar qualifications.
- Experience on large construction program.
- Flexibility in schedule and transportation to work at multiple sites based on assigned schedule and duties.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office and related spreadsheet and database software.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Construction management, safety management, safety engineer or related degree is preferred.
- Experience on modernization-type projects involving asbestos and lead-based paint disturbance.
- Familiarity with large building programs across multiple sites.
- Additional safety/health certifications and credentials.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Wednesday May 6, 2020 @ 12:00 pm noon (late submissions cannot be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Safety Manager
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of May 11, 2020
Interviews: Week of May 18, 2020
Number of Positions: 1
Anticipated Start: May 2020
Recruitment No.: SAC-263 Reissued
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org