Scheduler II (Closed)
Assignment: Los Angeles World Airports – Terminals/Tennant
Salary: $79.0K to $124.8K annual base salary depending upon experience
Key Identifiers for the Position
- Ability to write clear, detailed and coherent reports and analyses
- Ability to collaborate with team members and third parties
- Ability to manage and prioritize routine scheduling assignments
- Ability to clearly communicate technical aspects of routine design and construction sequencing and planning
- Ability to read, manipulate, analyze and evaluate complex design and construction schedules utilizing the preferred systems
Position Description Summary
The Scheduler II position requires an individual with a thorough understanding of the design and construction process for complex industrial level work, preferably in an airport environment, with the specific technical training to work comfortably with Oracle Primavera P6 Professional Project Management or P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management scheduling software. This position requires an individual to be able to work self-sufficiently or as directed with given assignments and specific identified outcomes.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop and maintain detailed construction planning schedules for new construction and renovation work, as required. These schedules may incorporate several scenarios used to finalize construction sequencing and contracting plans. Special emphasis will be focused on stakeholder issues for the terminal improvements
- Develop micro-phasing schedules as required to coordinate particularly challenging work phases; and helps coordinate the various parties to completion
- Develop and analyze man-hour resources, equipment resources and cost loaded, time-phased schedules
- Prepare detailed plans and time scaled charts and diagrams
- Monitor project progress against an established baseline
- Provide impact analysis of schedule changes, identify schedule variances and opportunities and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the Project Management team.
- Maintain simplified logic schedules to highlight status of key interfaces for critical path review
- Review third-party design and/or construction schedules and provide written comments
- Participate with third-party schedulers to address the comments
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments
- Responsible for promptly reporting schedule slippage, other unsatisfactory performance or other variances
- Possess master schedule system and project interface and integration understanding and appreciation for time frames necessary for complex airport terminals and other aviation related disciplines
- Perform conflict analysis of project schedules of collateral projects and develop reports accordingly
- Contribute to the advancement of PDG’s goals through commitment to productive collaboration with all stakeholders
- Mastery of Oracle Primavera P6 Professional Project Manager or higher required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat is required.
Professional Experience Level/Other Qualifications
- Capable to assume additional responsibilities
- Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment
- Eight to 10 years of scheduling experience with three to five years in direct support of an active construction project, preferably complex renovation work
- Demonstrated experience scheduling the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort.
- Experience with various delivery methods such as Progressive Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical and management-level personnel.
- A four-year degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field is required
- May assume other duties as required/needed.
- May work overtime.
- Maybe required to work various shifts as needed.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Monday June 25, 2018 @ 8:00 AM (no exceptions for late submissions)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: LAWA Scheduler II
Recruitment # PC0671
See instructions above to submit resume. Do not use the “Apply For Job” tab shown below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org