Scheduler II – Landside (Closed)
SCHEDULER II – Landside
Assignment: Los Angeles World Airports / Landside
Project Controls Support Services for various airport projects at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Los Angeles/Ontario International Airport (LA/ONT) and Van Nuys Airport (VNY).
Salary: up to $131K annual
The Senior Scheduler reports to the Utilities and Landside Element Project Controls Manager and is responsible for providing direct support to the Utilities and Landside Element manager for the scheduling and stakeholder coordination activities related to the Capital Improvement Projects. The successful candidate will have proven experience scheduling complex, multi-phase, multi-million dollar airport utility and landside construction and/or renovation projects. The job duties include: Prepares detailed plans and time scaled charts and diagrams; Provides development and analysis of man-hour resources, equipment resources and cost loaded, time-phased schedules; and Promptly reports schedule slippage or other unsatisfactory performance. This position may be assigned as the only Scheduler on one or more smaller projects.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop and maintain detailed construction planning schedules for new construction and renovation work, as required. These schedules may incorporate several scenarios used to finalize construction sequencing and contracting plans. Special emphasis will be focused on stakeholder issues for the landside improvements.
• Develop and analyze man-hour resources, equipment resources and cost loaded, time-phased schedules.
• Prepare detailed plans and time scaled charts and diagrams
• Monitor project progress against an established baseline.
• Provide impact analysis of schedule changes, identify schedule variances and opportunities and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the Project Management team.
• Maintain simplified logic schedules to highlight status of key interfaces for critical path review.
• Review third-party design and/or construction schedules and provide written comments. Participate with third-party schedulers to address the comments.
• Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments. Responsible for promptly reporting schedule slippage or other variances.
• Possesses master schedule system and project interface and integration understanding and appreciation for the time frames necessary to develop Landside-related projects.
• History of successful communicator, collaborator and facilitator.
A four-year degree is preferred with a major study in the area of Engineering, Construction Management, or related. However a two-year technical degree augmented with courses and/or seminars in engineering change control, change requests, contract administration, project management, is acceptable.
Professional Experience Level and Other Qualifications
• 8 to 10-years scheduling experience with 3- to 5-years in direct support of an active construction project, preferably airport-related work.
• Demonstrated experience scheduling the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort. Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical- and management-level personnel.
• Ability to work with others, a self-starter with results-driven focus.
• Capability to assume additional responsibilities.
• Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment.
• Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous position.
• Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience.
• Microsoft Office Suite of software is required. Experience with Adobe Acrobat is required.
• Demonstrated experience with Primavera Project Planner Version 6.0 or higher is required.
• Experience with large-scale construction management type software such as Prolog is desirable
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: ASAP
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: Scheduler II – Landside
At a minimum, the candidate’s professional resume must include the following:
1) List of all Educational Achievements
2) List of all Professional Licenses or Certificates
3) List of Awards Received
4) Detailed Employment History with each company or government agency including
a) Name & Contact Information of the firm or agency,
b) Start Date and End Date (Month & Year)
c) Positions Held
d) List of Projects/Programs Managed including project value, location of assignment, roles and responsibilities and contribution to each project