Scheduling Manager (Closed)
The Program Master Scheduler reports to the Program Controls Manager; and is responsible for developing and maintaining the overall Airport Development Group (ADG) Master Schedule data base and performance of regular reviews of scope, progress, changes, milestones, and work-arounds, to ensure that the ADG program schedule accurately depicts program level status and plans; The Master Schedule consists of Capital Projects, Tenant Renovation and Concessions Redevelopment Projects, Information Technology (IT) Projects, along with selected facilities maintenance and other projects. The successful candidate will have proven experience scheduling complex, multi-phase, multi-million dollar Capital Projects. The job duties include: Preparation, development and maintenance of a program level structure and approach to establish, update and report schedule information to stakeholders and executive management.
- Develop and maintain ADG’s library of projects ensuring that the coding structure used is consistent with the established or newly developed Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Project and/or Contract Unit
- Develop and maintain program level resources and costs.
- Develop and maintain a master schedule update process which includes regular reviews of scope, progress, changes, milestones, and work-arounds to ensure the program schedule is accurate. These updates will be made at regular intervals, at a minimum, monthly.
- Develop and maintain a standardized approach to schedule reporting that is generated from the program schedule database. Starting with Level 0 and progressing through Level 3, the schedules shall define the management objectives and milestones for each project. Detail shall be increased at each level.
- Develop and maintain program-wide schedule policies and procedures, which include guidelines on coding structure, calendars, WBS, reporting, update cycle, etc.
- Provide oversight and direction to the project level schedulers in the development and maintenance of project schedules, which includes, but is not limited to, the incorporation of a standard schedule specification, desktop procedures, schedule review checklists, standard review templates, etc.
- Interface with all stakeholders including Project Managers, Planning, Executive Management and other LAWA entities. This may include holding a series of ‘workshop’ sessions with all involved stakeholders where Project Unit/Scope definitions are validated and schedule assumptions and decisions regarding interfaces, sequencing, construction methods,etc. are agreed.
- Previous experience in a data-intensive project-management office is highly desirable.
- Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities.
- Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment. Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous positions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educational backgrounds; must be detail-oriented and highly organized; and must be able to produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a customer-service attitude.
- Must possess a “can-do” attitude: able to produce consistently accurate results at a fast pace.
- Must be able to occasionally wrap, lift and move boxes/packages of up to 40-pounds.
EDUCATION / REGISTRATION / CERTIFICATION
- A four-year degree is preferred in Construction Management or relevant engineering field is preferred
- Scheduling Certification is highly desirable.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE LEVEL AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Fifteen years of scheduling experience with ten years in direct support of an active construction project, preferably terminal renovation in the $200 million and above range.
- Strong ability to recognize ways to contribute to a culture of leadership. Seeks to go beyond the status quo, strives for continuing improvement, and inspires greatness in others.
- Five or more years of experience managing other scheduling professionals.
- Demonstrated skills as a successful communicator, collaborator and facilitator.
- Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous position.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical and management-level personnel.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort.
- Experience with the tools and techniques of claims analysis including Time Impact Analysis.
- Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
- Microsoft Office Suite of software is required. Experience with Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Demonstrated experience with Primavera Project Planner Version 6.0 or higher is required.
- Experience with large-scale construction management type software such as Prolog is desirable.
- Experience a GIS and/or CADD is desirable; as the candidate will be requested to communicate complex scheduling issues to a broad array of technial and non-technical staff.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com