Senior Asset Development Manager
SENIOR ASSET DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Program: Los Angeles Unified School District – Asset Management
Number of Positions: One (1)
Salary Range: $167.9K to $197.6K annual base salary plus benefits
- Establishes the structures, procedures and assumptions to implement the pre-construction planning for multibillion campus modernization programs.
- Manages and oversees the stakeholders and community engagement process for planning and master planning architects and in-house staff.
- Works with Board staff to translate policy direction into actionable staff instructions.
- Manages multiple comprehensive campus modernization pre-construction projects through interaction with various departments including local school district offices, community groups, board offices, project controls, demographics, real estate, community outreach, project execution, Office of Environmental Health and Safety from project conception, through draft to final review, approval, and handoff to construction.
- Coordinates with the Office of Environmental, Health and Safety (OEHS) for California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and other agency environmental clearances and evaluations.
- Protects the long- term asset values and uses of district real estate and other assets.
- Formulates strategies that increase the flexible use of district assets.
- Regulates appropriate resources and energy toward high priority, high risk, high benefit projects for the Facilities Services Division of the Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Evaluates redevelopment opportunities with the Master Planning and Real Estate Department for District owned properties.
- 15 years full time paid professional experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in planning and development, overseeing complex scope development activities of properties for physical attributes and current and possible future facilities uses, including prioritization and phasing that supports large scale master plans and programming.
- Minimum 5 years overseeing planning and project development for public agencies, educational or institutional facilities.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS).
- Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes.
- Experience with management of complex redevelopment projects in a highly political environment.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or any related field.
- Additional courses in Business Administration, Public Relations, Accounting, School Finance, Personnel Management, Educational Facilities Planning and Communication are preferred.
PREFERRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- LEED Professional Accreditation
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Tuesday October 26, 2021 @ 9:00am (no late submissions accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: LAUSD Senior Asset Development Manager
Approximate Processing Time:
SHORTLIST: Within 1 week from resume submission
INTERVIEW: Within 2 weeks from resume submission
SELECTION NOTIFICATION: Within 3 weeks from resume submission
Recruitment # CM-SADM-1021-24
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org