Senior Construction Manager / OAR II
SENIOR CONSTRUCTION MANAGER / OAR II
Program: Los Angeles Unified School District – Project Execution
Salary Range: $145.8K to $171.6K annual base salary plus benefits
Positions Open: Seven (7)
- Manages, oversees and coordinates all facets of the pre-construction, bid and award, construction and close-out phase of all assigned projects.
- Reviews pre-construction documents and submits comments to Designer as necessary.
- Plans, organizes, and prepares reports to upper management with respect to the status and/or progress of the projects.
- Coordinates with all pertinent public agencies during pre-construction and construction to comply with all off-site work; coordinates with various District and Project staff.
- Manages both the project budget and schedule to meet the District’s qualitative standards; monitors project budget on a monthly basis and ensures that the budget accurately reflects the project status/progress.
- Manages daily activities of the contractor, reviews contractors’ construction schedules and submittals, and coordinates responses to the contractors’ inquiries thru the Requests for Clarifications (RFC) and other related documents.
- Reviews substitution submittals from contractors to ensure specification and/or District requirements are complied with.
- Receives, reviews, and negotiates Contractor Change Order Proposal(s) to achieve a fair & reasonable price in accordance with the General Conditions; reviews and addresses any and all Schedule impacts in accordance with the project specifications in a timely manner.
- Reviews the process and monitors payments for the contractor, architects, engineers and any other pertinent parties.
- Administers provisions of Professional Service Agreements between Architects and the District.
- Coordinates District delivery of related fixtures, furniture and equipment.
- Monitors and manages project close-out with respect to project certification with the Division of State Architects (DSA) and project financial close out.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATES MUST:
- Have recent experience as lead in the modernization and/or construction of educational or large commercial or public agency projects.
- Be a hands-on leader, with comprehensive understanding of scope, site, contract, drawings and specifications; and have the ability to “own” the job.
- Have long range planning and phasing skills, and showing leadership in setting up the project, staffing, organizing, delegating, communicating and managing priorities; have the utmost responsibility of managing the team, GC, AOR and IOR for the project life cycle from mobilization to construction to closeout.
- Be a master of partnering but enforcing the contract.
- Have the ability to perform tasks delegated to staff members but take full responsibility even if tasks are assigned to subordinates.
- Possess superb interpersonal relations with various project team members, including excellent verbal and written communication skills to diverse groups, such as site administrative staff, inspection, AE, and contractors; maintain client relations and efficiently deliver project updates to senior management.
- Have priority management proficiency, with the ability to multi-task but identify critical assignments.
- Be a detail-oriented manager; critical thinker and with exceptional problem-solving skills; has the ability to anticipate potential issues and prepare/communicate/mitigate ahead of time, as well as managing multiple issues and projects with a sense of urgency for resolution.
- Have excellent combined Project Manager and Construction Manager experience (site differences).
- Be cognizant of the Owner’s process, policies and procedures and manage projects accordingly.
- Possess the ability to work in a fast- paced environment; readiness and preparedness to manage and take on multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Have strong command of RFI/Submittals and the BIM process.
- Be flexible to changes or transitions in daily construction activities as well as adapting to direction provided by upper management.
- Manifest proficiency in multiple contracting methods.
- Fifteen (15) years full time paid professional experience in Construction and/or a combination of Project and Construction Management of Commercial and/or Public/Educational Facility Construction.
- Five (5) of the fifteen (15) years should have full responsibility for coordinating complex projects with construction values in excess of $20M.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Design Build Experience is highly preferred.
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Experience with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS).
- Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes.
- Safety and OSHA Safety Regulations (OSHA 30 minimum).
There are 4 ways to meet the education requirement:
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree. Candidate must be able to complete the Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential within one (1) year of employment in the Facilities Services Division of the Los Angeles Unified School District.
College undergraduate but possess more than 20 years of Construction or Project
Management experience, and must complete the Certified Construction Manager (CCM)
credential within one (1) year of employment in the Facilities Services Divison.
Possession of a valid Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential which may substitute for the required education.
PREFERRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
- A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI).
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
Deadline to submit resume:
Monday July 5, 2021 @ 12 noon (no late submissions accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: LAUSD OAR II
Note: Resumes previously submitted for the calls listed below will not be accepted for consideration in this call as these resumes have been reviewed and not selected: CM-OAR-0121-01, CM-OAR-0121-01-Ext.
Approximate Processing Time:
SHORTLIST: Within 1 week after resume submission deadline
INTERVIEW: Within 2 weeks after resume submission deadline
SELECTION NOTIFICATION: Within weeks after resume submission deadline
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com