Senior Design Manager – Planning (Closed)
SENIOR DESIGN MANAGER – PLANNING
Program: Los Angeles Unified School District – Asset Management
Number of Positions: One (1)
Salary Range: $145.8K to $171.6K annual base salary plus benefits
- Develops, coordinates and updates LAUSD’s standards and guidelines, including Educational Specifications, School Design Guide and space program templates.
- Meets with instructional staff, school sites, and architects to define facility attributes that will support and enhance the instructional programs.
- Develops standards and guidelines to ensure that both new and modernized facilities meet educational requirements.
- Coordinates with School Occupancy Transition Unit (Furniture and Interiors Group) to develop furniture and equipment solutions to meet educational needs.
- Conducts post-occupancy assessments with instructional staff to determine necessary improvements or adjustments to District Standards.
- Reviews and supports development of project space programs that align with District standard education specifications and respond to each school’s instructional needs.
- Review project design deliverables and provide comments regarding the appropriateness of the space planning and the physical adjacencies.
- Coordinates with California Department of Education (CDE) requirements. Supports review and submittal for CDE plan approval.
- Manages, develops, and coordinates the District’s design process for the Facilities Planning and Development Division to ensure that plans are within functional program, budgetary, environmental and legal requirements.
- Provides Architects with clear and consistent direction with regard to goals and objectives, standards, site, schedule, and budget for each project.
- Ensures that all steps within the project are documented and that the documentation meets legal requirements.
- Reviews design changes submitted to ensure project remains within budget.
- Develops continuing education opportunities, i.e., seminars and workshops, to learn and share up-to-date information on working with architects and contractors.
- Coordinates project activities with other District organizational branches and departments such as the Office of the Environmental Health and Safety, A/E Design Services, Maintenance and Operations, School Occupancy Transitional Unit, Asbestos Technical Unit and Local Districts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 15 years full time paid professional experience managing the facilities design, project planning and preparation as well as the coordination of capital projects, particularly involved in the evaluation and assessment of design standards, planning and development and contract administration
- 5 years of this experience must be with the design, planning and construction of K-12 educational facilities
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Master’s degree in Architecture
- Continuing education and training specific to educational facilities planning
Accredited Learning Environments Planner (ALEP) designation or Recognized Educational Facility Planner (REFP) designation
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Tuesday February 18, 2020 @ 12 noon (no late submissions accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: LAUSD Senior Design Manager – Planning
Approximate Processing Time:
SHORTLIST: Within 1 week from resume submission
INTERVIEW: Within 2 weeks from resume submission
SELECTION NOTIFICATION: Within 3 weeks from resume submission
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org