Senior Design Manager – Planning (Closed)
SENIOR DESIGN MANAGER – PLANNING
Program: Los Angeles Unified School District – Asset Management
Number of Positions: One (1)
Salary Range: $145.8K to $171.6K annual base salary plus benefits
- Develops, coordinates and updates LAUSD’s standards and guidelines, including Educational Specifications, School Design Guide and space program templates.
- Meets with instructional staff, school sites, and architects to define facility attributes that will support and enhance the instructional programs.
- Develops standards and guidelines to ensure that both new and modernized facilities meet educational requirements.
- Coordinates with School Occupancy Transition Unit (Furniture and Interiors Group) to develop furniture and equipment solutions to meet educational needs.
- Conducts post-occupancy assessments with instructional staff to determine necessary improvements or adjustments to District Standards.
- Reviews and supports development of project space programs that align with District standard education specifications and respond to each school’s instructional needs.
- Review project design deliverables and provide comments regarding the appropriateness of the space planning and the physical adjacencies.
- Coordinates with California Department of Education (CDE) requirements. Supports review and submittal for CDE plan approval.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the design activities for the School Upgrade Program and critical repair projects. Functions as the lead design professional in the Design Department providing quality review, implementation of policy and procedures and interface and coordinates with the Division of State Architects (DSA).
- Manages, develops, and coordinates the District’s design process for the Facilities Planning and
- Development Division to ensure that plans are within functional program, budgetary, environmental and legal requirements.
- Establishes and follows a process to identify and select the architectural firm best suited for each project based on the firms’ qualifications and ability to meet performance standards.
- Provides Architects with clear and consistent direction with regard to goals and objectives, standards, site, schedule, and budget for each project.
- Ensures that all steps within the project are documented and that the documentation meets legal requirements.
- Reviews design changes submitted to ensure project remains within budget.
- Recommends architectural firm assignment from an established list of pre-qualified architectural firms.
- Develops continuing education opportunities, i.e., seminars and workshops, to learn and share-up-to-date information on working with architects and contractors.
- Coordinates project activities with other District organizational branches and departments such as the Office of the Environmental Health and Safety, A/E Design Services, Maintenance and Operations, School Occupancy Transitional Unit, Asbestos Technical Unit and Local Districts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 15 years full time paid professional experience managing the facilities design, or the planning and coordination of capital projects that included the overall design, contract administration, cost estimating, and scheduling activities
- 5 years of this experience must be with the design, planning and construction of educational facilities or similar public agencies
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering
- A master’s degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Continuing education and training specific to educational facilities planning preferred
PREFERRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
- Accredited Learning Environments Planner (ALEP) designation or Recognized Educational Facility Planner (REFP) designation preferred
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California State Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- Experience with LEED and/or the Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS)
- Experience with the Division of State Architects (DSA) construction/design process
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Wednesday November 6, 2019 @ 12 noon (no late submissions accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: LAUSD Senior Design Manager – Planning
Approximate Processing Time:
SHORTLIST: Within 1 week from resume submission
INTERVIEW: Within 2 weeks from resume submission
SELECTION NOTIFICATION: Within 3 weeks from resume submission
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com