Senior Project Development Manager
SENIOR PROJECT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Program: Los Angeles Unified School District – Asset Management
Number of Positions: One (1)
Salary Range: $159.1K to $187.2K annual base salary plus benefits
- Assists the Facilities Asset Development Director in the development of project scope and coordination of architectural planning, design, funding, and development of school facilities.
- Plans and coordinates the execution of pre-construction activities associated with the preparation for the building of schools and modernization projects
- Provides functional direction over pre-construction project schedules, cost control, dispute resolution, and quality control
- Reviews pre-construction project status to monitor schedule and budget variances relative to submitted schedules
- Assists in coordinating the pre-construction program activities and related work products of those in other District branches and departments such as the Office of Environmental Health and Safety; Real Estate; Community Outreach; School Management Services/Master Planning and Demographics; Maintenance and Operations; Project Execution; Facilities Contracts; and Procurement
- Resolves pre-construction project issues by resolving differences of opinion, conflicts in schedules, and disagreements over the most efficient approach to the plan and design of new schools
- Reviews, recommends, and implements program and project level policy and procedural innovations
- Coordinates with representatives from various utility and government agencies to obtain timely action on successive phases of project completion
- Assesses bid specifications for District need and probability of completion within the specified timeline
- Makes presentations to Board Members, District administrators, and representatives of public agencies
- Reviews and verifies submitted applications for payment and performs overall fiscal management of multiple design and construction projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Fifteen (15) years of full time paid-professional experience managing the facilities design, or the planning and coordination of capital projects that includes the overall design, contract administration, cost estimating, and scheduling activities.
- Five (5) years of experience with educational facilities design, planning and construction.
- General supervision is received from the Facilities Asset Development Director, or other higher level administrator. General supervision is exercised over technical employees assigned to preconstruction activities, such as planning and demographics, community outreach, design, site acquisition, and the evaluation of environmental health and safety.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Experience with LEED and/or Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS) projects
- Experience with the Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes
- Experience with construction management
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management.
- Additional courses in Business Administration, Public Relations, Accounting, School Finance, Personnel Management, Educational Facilities Planning, and Communication are preferable.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Tuesday September 29, 2020 @ 12 noon (no late submissions accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: LAUSD Senior Project Development Manager
Approximate Processing Time:
SHORTLIST: Within 1 week from resume submission
INTERVIEW: Within 2 weeks from resume submission
SELECTION NOTIFICATION: Within 3 weeks from resume submission