Sustainability Project Manager (Closed)
SUSTAINABILITY PROJECT MANAGER
Scope – Approximately 24 hrs/wk for 3-4 months.
Metro kicked off their Sustainability Plan Program in 2012 by including the Sustainability Plan Specification (Section 01 35 63) in the contract requirements for major capital projects. The Sustainability Plan Program goals are at a minimum to efficiently implement the mandatory measures listed in the Current Edition of California Code of Regulations (CCR), CALGreen, Part 11 of Title 24, and to record the benefits associated with each measure. Additionally, for facilities greater than 10,000 SF, the Design/Build Team must achieve LEED Silver Certification, at a minimum. The Design/Build Team is required to develop an approved Sustainability Plan which addresses sustainable practices throughout design and construction for the following categories:
• Planning and Design
• Energy Efficiency
• Water Efficiency and Conservation
• Material Conservation and Resource Efficiency
• Environmental Quality
Currently, the following projects are adhering to the Sustainability Plan Spec:
• Purple Line Extension Phase I
• Regional Connector
• Building 61S
• Southwest Yard (Division 16)
• Identify differences between CAL Green 2010 v. 2013 v. 2016
• Establish Sustainability Plan verification documentation
• Resolve conflicts between Sustainability Plan Spec and other contract requirements, including the Technical Specifications and MRDC
• Revise the Sustainability Plan Specification
• Establish formal policy of when the Sustainability Plan Specification is included and how it can be modified for specific projects
• Collaborate with Metro Engineering to ensure they are incorporating sustainability into their designs, and to utilize their reviews
• Collaborate with various Metro Departments to establish SOPs for incorporating sustainable elements, e.g., System Wide Planning to establish no smoking sign procedures
• Determine which codes apply to what contracts
• Identify upcoming potential projects to include SP Spec
• Work with Procurement to determine if contracts can require a set aside budget for sustainability
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, architecture or related field with -5-10 years of relevant professional experience.
• Possess organizational, technical and team building skills to manage and coordinate multi-disciplinary teams.
• LEED Accreditation with specialty with a minimum of three years’ experience managing sustainability certification processes. Knowledge of multiple sustainability rating and certification systems preferred.
• Experience developing and implementing sustainability concepts and strategies as demonstrated through actual project or program work
• Proven effectiveness coordinating with contractors, architectural teams, and consultants.
• Knowledge of resilient design, material health, and social sustainability issues a plus.
• Experience with design criteria and specifications
• Familiarly with CALGreen and LEED
• Knowledge of local environmental and sustainability codes and policies
• Excellent communication skills
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Monday October 10, 2016 @ 10:00am
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: Metro Sustainability Project Manager
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org