BIM GIS Coordinator III (Closed)
BIM GIS Coordinator III/Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) Coordinator
Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Salary: up to $104.4K annual, depending upon experience
The BIM GIS Coordinator III/Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) Coordinator works closely with the BIM Manager and the Design and Construction teams to oversee contract-related BIM requirements for projects. The VDC Coordinator also understands and oversees the relationship of “BIM to project” requirements of schedule, trade coordination (clash detection), Title 24 energy requirements, and asset data requirements for system model objects.
The BIM GIS Coordinator III/VDC for Build-LACCD is responsible for:
• Monitoring and reconciling the Design Team’s and Construction Team’s submittal data related to spatial validation and asset tracking.
• Generating spatial validation reports to be archived with the associated submittal files. Monitoring the model breakdown structure with baseline project schedule.
• Generating 4D reports which are archived with the associated submittal files.
• Reviewing Model Submittals’ coordination (clash detection) across building systems.
• Reviewing Model Submittals to comply with District BIM Standards.
• Ensuring correct data and files are stored in District systems.
• The VDC Coordinator assures there is coordination between the trades and adherence between project teams and project schedule during design/construction.
• The VDC Coordinator also helps to assure new buildings are in compliance with energy and maintenance standards desired by the District.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Minimum 5 years’ recent experience in working in Architecture or Construction Management, with a specific focus on Building Information Modeling (BIM).
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related degree.
• Experience utilizing BIM for 4D and project coordination / clash detection.
• Strong competency in Revit, as well as experience with coordination software such as Navisworks and Synchro.
• Strong knowledge of MEP systems preferred.
• Experience with Oracle P6
• Experience with Bentley Navigator and ProjectWise
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Thursday February 5, 2015 @ 12:00 noon
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: BIM GIS Coordinator III