Construction Manager I – III (Closed)
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER I – III
Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
This position will provide support to the College Project Teams (CPT) and will be located at one of the 9 LACCD campuses.
• Manages, oversees and coordinates all facets of the construction phase of a college facility project including mobilization, construction, and closeout
• Plans, organizes, directs and reports construction management activities and progress to upper management
• Coordinates with public agencies during construction to comply with off-site work
• Manages both the project budget and schedule to meet the District’s qualitative standards
• Performs day-to-day contract administration including assisting the Senior Project Managers in bid analysis, pre-construction meetings and related award coordinating activities
• Reviews contractors’ initial construction schedule, submittals, schedule of values, and responds to contractor inquiries
• Manages and coordinates project team and contractors in communicating directives and ensuring the project scope is built according to plans, specifications, and cost limits
• Reviews submittals from contractors to ensure specification requirements are met
• Obtains responses to requests for clarification from contractors and keeps a log of such requests
• Negotiates with contractors to achieve a fair and reasonable cost for change orders and reviews their impact on the project
• Reviews applications for payment, and performs fiscal management of project resources
• Coordinates District delivery of related fixtures, furniture and equipment
• Perform other Construction Management functions as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• 4 tp 8 years experience in Construction Management of Commercial and/or Public Facilities, preferably including Educational Facility Construction
• BS or BA in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field.
• 4 to 8 years experience in Construction Management of Commercial and/or Public Facilities, preferably including Educational Facility Construction.
• 4 years additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education.
• Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
• Experience with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS)
• Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes
• A valid Certificate of Registration as a Professional Engineer or licensed Architect in the State of California or
• A valid Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
$81.3K to $143.2K annual, depending upon experience level CM I, CM II, or CM III
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Friday November 7, 2014 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Construction Manager I – III