Estimator IV (Closed)
Client / Project: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) Program Management Office
Salary Range: $144.2K to $169.7K annual base salary, depending upon experience
- Senior level estimator to report to PMO Program Controls Manager.
- Plan and participate in the preparation of construction cost estimates of buildings or other structures from drawings, outlines, and specifications.
- Prepare estimates per design based on scope and building type.
- Evaluate cost estimating deliverables prepared by consultants for cost containment, accuracy, uniformity and completeness.
- Prepare fair cost estimates for cost proposals from Contractors for extra work.
- Perform special studies and prepare reports when contractors’ bids vary from the construction cost estimate.
- Conduct construction/project site visits gathering relevant information and determine what information to be used to produce project estimates.
- Evaluate pricing documents, historical and vendor cost data for the development of cost estimates and price recommendations.
- Evaluate quotes, bids, change orders, value engineering reports, and claims for accuracy and completeness of estimates.
- Compile and analyze data on all factors that influence costs such as material, labor, equipment and profit.
- Prepare technical evaluations, cost estimating draft report, memos and letters and present recommendation to management.
- Perform other related estimating duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10 years minimum recent professional experience in the preparation of complete cost estimates for type I, II, or III, and V building construction as defined by the State building code including two years in a supervisory capacity.
- Expert in theories, principles, and practices of cost estimating and contract pricing.
- Expert in JOC (Job Order Contracting) form of contracting
- Full knowledge of construction methods for buildings and structures.
- Full knowledge of current local construction labor and material costs.
- Extensive experience in developing and estimating the scope of work for change orders.
- Ability to compare cost estimates with contractors’ proposal to quickly identify discrepancies.
- Ability to develop scope of work based on RFI/RFC answers and estimates the detailed costs of those scopes of work independent of the contractor proposal.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business or related degree. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Expert in usage of eGordian Database for JOC (Job Order Contracting) estimating
- Knowledge and use of RSMeans Cost Estimating online system
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Monday April 12, 2021 @ 8:00am (late submissions cannot be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Estimator IV
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of April 12, 2021
Interviews: Week of April 19, 2021
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: April-May 2021
Recruitment No.: SAC-289
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com