IT Network/Systems Analyst III (Closed)
IT NETWORK/SYSTEMS ANALYST III
Client / Project: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) – Program Management Office (PMO)
Salary Range: $116.6K to $137.3K annual base salary, depending upon experience
Under the general supervision of the LACCD PMO IT Director, the Network Administrator is responsible for all BuildLACCD computer network administration and operations activities at the Program Management Office (PMO) as well as the 9 Campus Project Sites. Performs a variety of complex professional and technical duties related to the installation and maintenance of computer networks and communications hardware and software applications including network and application servers, routers, Firewall, LAN, WAN, in addition to PC workstations. Accountable for the effective operation of IT disaster recovery systems at the College sites. Oversee and provide general guidance to the IT Support Specialist as well as the outsourced IT Consultant. The position is also responsible for providing support for Level 2 & 3 tier helpdesk tickets.
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This position description is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions if such functions are a logical assignment for the position.
- Configures, manages and provides technical networking support for the physical and virtual environments, including hosts, operating systems and storage.
- Testing, installation, configuration and maintenance of operating systems, application software, and network device configurations
- Ensure system up time and communicate effectively with other members of the corporate team.
- Oversees the administration of systems and servers related to the network to ensure availability of services to BuildLACCD user community.
- Installs and configures client and server network software, and performs software upgrades as needed.
- Proactively monitors and identifies network and system issues and takes corrective action in order to ensure efficient network and computing operation.
- Manages assigned projects to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Configures, manages and provides technical support of firewalls, Wi-Fi APs, network switches other network devices.
- Responds to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and provides technical assistance and support in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify, investigate, and propose resolutions to issues that could impact the network/server infrastructure.
- This role contributes to the team in an effort to share knowledge, document procedures and SOPs and provide training where required.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Position provides as needed after-hours and weekend support.
- Provide technical support in installations and maintenances of network systems.
- Support existing networks and perform upgrades as needed.
- Maintain network security firewalls and define network access rights.
- Maintain disaster recovery procedures and contingency plans during system failures.
- Perform network routing, cabling and switching activities.
- Develop and enforce standard operating procedures to ensure quality and productivity.
- Develop system installation and configuration documents for references.
- Design network topologies and Identify and correct network non-compliance issues.
- Respond promptly during outages and recommend solutions for performance issues.
- Recommend new networking technologies to improve performance, reliability and scalability.
- Maintain network infrastructure and perform modifications and expansions when needed.
- Work closely with other Network Engineers to plan and complete assigned tasks within deadlines.
- Perform root cause analysis of network issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Security systems development, testing, analysis, and implementation
- System vulnerability assessment and management
- Response to security threats, attacks, and similar events
- Development of threat prevention strategies
- Regular generation of reports for executives and administrators
This role also supports the helpdesk function along with the web services support function
Although this position does not include the direct supervision or management of any specific staff members, this position provides general direction and oversight of the IT Support Specialist.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and listen. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Employee must be able to use a computer keyboard, mouse and calculator. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college with a degree in computer science or related field. An equivalent combination of education, work experience or relevant industry certification may be substituted
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Positive attitude and keen attention to detail
- A minimum of five years of applicable systems and network administration experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, 11 and Windows Server 2003 – 2019
- Strong working knowledge of Internet protocols: DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory Services
- Experience with Office 365
- Familiarity with document SharePoint management system
- Excellent collaborative and team skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly and non-technical language.
- Experience with VPN Appliances
- Experience with Cisco Meraki Appliances
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Antivirus, Trend Micro OfficeScan
- Working knowledge of Zoom Administration
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Teams
- Experience with Web site, intranet, and SharePoint support, IIS and Apache.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting and automation. Able to develop scripted solutions to automate and/or simplify manual administrative processes and procedures.
- Working knowledge of network security including VPNs, ACLs, IPSEC, SSL
- Proficient use of computer programs including Microsoft Office products
- Ability to support LACCD custom developed applications such as Uii, Widget and DocView
- Previous experience providing IT related support for a large construction bond program
- Experience with VMware, Hyper-V hypervisors, & cloud architecture
- Industry certifications are a preferred and current.
- Experience supporting end users with SharePoint document management knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Monday January 3, 2022 @ 9:00am (late submissions cannot be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD IT Network/Systems Analyst III
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of January 10, 2022
Interviews: Week of January 10, 2022
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: January 2022
Recruitment No.: SAC-330
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org