Mobilization & Move Manager (Closed)
Mobilization & Move Manager (Specialty Services)
Assignment: Los Angeles World Airports / Airport Operations Readiness (AOR)
Salary: $145.6K to $166.4K annual salary depending upon experience
Duration: October 2017 – June 2018
Position Description Summary
The individual selected for this newly established position of Mobilization and Move Manager is responsible for ensuring the safe and seamless move of all stakeholders into the Midfield Satellite Concourse (MSC), and all other AOR program activities through development and implementation of mobilization and move plans and processes. This key staff member works with functional area leaders and other critical stakeholders to plan for and implement all activities associated with the occupation of the new facility. The manager is also responsible to ensure that critical and relevant information is regularly communicated to all affected parties prior to activation of the new MSC and other new facilities as driven by the LAWA AOR program.
This is a critical role for LAWA given the scale and complexity of the capital programs and its potential impact on stakeholders. It is imperative that the MSC, and all other AOR programme facilities be delivered on schedule, on budget, and with minimal operational disruption.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Develop a comprehensive logistical plan for transition of operations from existing to new facilities covering the areas of facility maintenance, operations, commercial, communications, finance, training, operational trials and information technology.
• Facilitate the creation of departmental teams to leverage expertise for the development of mobilization and move plans for each specific area.
• Develop contingency plans for all key facilities and systems linked to a successful day-1 opening to ensure a seamless response to any facility or system failures during the relocation phase.
• Ensure the highest degree of customer satisfaction on opening day of all new facilities by delivering on the mobilization and move plan and ensuring all facility, systems, training and contingency plans are implemented.
• Establish, manage and maintain strategic relationships with senior representatives of key stakeholders including the various LAWA Department Managers, airlines, vendors, sub-concessionaires, consumer groups and the airport business community to ensure all stakeholders are engaged in the transition program.
• Work closely with LAWA Airport Operations, the projects teams and appropriate AOR Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), the building contractor, and the systems integrators to meticulously plan and deliver a coordinated mobilization and move plan.
• Develop, track and report on work plans to ensure mobilization and move activities are progressing according to schedule, and all elements of the transition plan will be complete prior to opening day.
• Establish metrics to track effectiveness of operational plans; utilize data to adjust transition planning activities for future transition phases.
• Gathering requirements through the interaction with construction teams, airport staff, working groups and other impacted stakeholders on the creation and vetting of opening mobilization and move scenarios with associated cost and risk profiles to assure the strategic aim of LAWA in relation to the new facilities.
• Provide effective leadership to the AOR Program Team in relation to mobilization and move activities and ensure employee development plans are in place and implemented, as necessary, for associated staff.
• Other duties as assigned by the Project Director – Airport Operational Readiness (AOR)
Ideal Candidate Profile:
• Preferably direct Airport Operational Readiness experience in developing and undertaking mobilization and move of airport stakeholders to new airport infrastructure such as new airports, new terminals, new concourses, new roadways, and the like. Brings at least 10 years’ experience in an airport operations environment including logistics tied to activation of complex airport projects, which have included a customer interaction component. Given the criticality of this role in the project, this role requires someone who has “been there and done that” in the airport development context.
• Brings a strong track record of successful project management as related to planning and executing flawless operational transitions for new airport facilities. This experience could have been gained through a shorter list of larger projects (e.g., 12-gate terminal expansion) or through a series of smaller but well executed capital projects over a longer period of time.
• Possesses a deep knowledge of all facets of airport operations and systems, both landside and airside, with an appreciation of how operations affect all stakeholders such as airlines, the TSA, the FAA, law enforcement, concessionaires, and ground transportation.
• Logistical management experience in complex operations and facilities.
• Strong and proven planning and project management skills including a demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
• Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including outstanding listening skills.
• Employed by:
a) A leading edge and well regarded airport operating organization (private sector airport operator, airport authority, city/county airport administration) that has successfully undertaken and commissioned new infrastructure.
b) The facilities department of a well-respected airline that has taken lead oversight for the development and commissioning of new airport infrastructure.
c) A well regarded third party airport program management/construction management provider that has played a key role in commissioning new airport infrastructure.
• An undergraduate degree, ideally in Logistic Management, Engineering, Airport or Operations Management, Business, or another relevant field.
• Preferably, a graduate degree and advanced executive leadership courses.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• High energy and driven in style.
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
• Not afraid to get his or her hands dirty and has a strong self-initiative
• Capable of delegating effectively.
• Proven ability to multi-task.
• A team player with proven experience creating, managing and coaching teams for high performance.
• Ability to work under pressure and establish priorities.
• Demonstrated change management and facilitation skills.
• Excellent communication skills; clear and concise writing and oral presentation abilities.
• Ability to utilize and implement technology focused solutions to drive results
• May assume other duties as required/needed
• May work overtime
• Maybe required to work various shifts as needed
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Monday September 25, 2017 @ 9:00am (no exceptions for late submissions)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: LAWA Mobilization & Move Manager
Recruitment # PC0555
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com