Project Controls Manager – MSC (Closed)
PROJECT CONTROLS MANAGER
Assignment: Los Angeles World Airports / Midfield Satellite Concourse (MSC) Project
Salary: up to $158.0K annual
The Project Controls manager reports to the Program Controls Manager. The Project Controls Manager will provide project controls services to any project within the Airports Development Group (ADG) scope, including the Midfield Satellite Concourse. The Project Controls Manager is responsible for project planning and scheduling, cost and budget management, change control monitoring, document control and progress reporting. The Project Controls Manager proactively engages the Element Manager and Project Manager about scope, schedule and cost issues; and coordinates resolution with project controls team members. Establishes operating policies to mitigate risk.
The Project Controls Manager is responsible for: partnering with the Element Managers, designers, contractors, inspectors and other third-party entities to proactively identify, communicate and resolve variances scope and pricing variances; establishing a procedural framework for preparing, reporting and reconciling variances, including developing and/or enhancing reporting procedures and tools; and managing and enforcing adherence to project controls practices and procedures; and proactively seeking their collaboration and cooperation.
The Project Controls Manager is responsible for:
• Supervises project control activities. Develops, interprets, and executes policy, objectives, and standards applicable to scope, cost and schedule control and analysis activities.
• Interfaces with management and project team for specific project controls presentations. Develops and presents scope, cost and schedule reports and presentations for key project stakeholders.
• Reviews project work activities to ensure support of project milestones. Develops micro-phasing schedules as required to coordinate particularly challenging work phases; and helps coordinate the various parties to completion.
• Participates in discussions with designers, contractors and other third party entities to proactively identify project risks; and develop recommendations as to how to mitigate the risks.
• Participates in reviewing the contractor pay application; and ensures it is consistent with the schedule update and other progress documents.
• Coordinates cost recording, monitoring, and reporting practices for compliance with applicable standards accuracy and consistency.
• Coordinates development of schedule resource loading and leveling; and the schedule development, maintenance and monitoring activities.
• Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments. Responsible for promptly reporting budget and/or schedule variances.
• Possesses understanding and appreciation for time frames necessary including BHS, Special Systems, Power, HVAC and other aviation related disciplines.
• Perspective for base building core and shell schedule development and timeframe needed for MSC build out successfully merging competing interests. History of successful communicator, collaborator and facilitator.
A four-year degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or related field required; Masters degree preferred.
Professional Experience Level and Other Qualifications
• Ten-years of project controls experience, or five-years supplemented with a Masters Degree in Construction Management; and at least three-years supporting a multi-million dollar engineering and construction project, preferably in a public-sector airport.
• Demonstrated project controls experience managing the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort.
• Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical and complicated construction program; and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical- and management-level audience.
• Previous project controls experience on a large-scale, multi-million dollar construction project required. Experience on a large-scale aviation-related project highly desirable
• Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of software products, e.g. Excel, Word, etc.
• Proficient with industry software, such as Primavera, Prolog or Expedition, etc.
• Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous positions. Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educational backgrounds; must be detail-oriented and highly organized; and must be able to produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a customer-service attitude.
• Must present a “can-do” spirit within the controls team: inspiring them to produce consistently accurate results at a fast pace.
• Microsoft Office Suite of software is required. Experience with Adobe Acrobat is required.
• Demonstrated experience with Primavera Project Planner Version 6.0 or higher is required.
• Experience with large-scale construction management type software such as Prolog is desirable
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Tuesday May 7, 2014 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Project Controls Manager
At a minimum, the candidate’s professional resume must include the following:
1) List of all Educational Achievements
2) List of all Professional Licenses or Certificates
3) List of Awards Received
4) Detailed Employment History with each company or government agency including
a) Name & Contact Information of the firm or agency,
b) Start Date and End Date (Month & Year)
c) Positions Held
d) List of Projects/Programs Managed including project value, location of assignment, roles and responsibilities and contribution to each project