Project Coordinator IV / College Internship (Closed)
Project Coordinator IV / College Internship Program Coordinator
Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Salary: up to $109.7K annual depending on experience.
The College Internship Program Coordinator implements, coordinates, and markets the Build Program’s College Internship program to contractors, A/E, and professional services firms that perform work on the Build Program to provide LACCD students with the work readiness skills that will facilitate their emersion in a professional work environment; an opportunity to secure a meaningful internship that supports their educational and career path interest; and ability to contribute to the design, construction and long-term maintenance and operations of LACCD bond-funded facilities.
• Conduct outreach to LACCD Students, faculty and staff at each community college to identify students interested in participating in an internship experience.
• Conduct outreach to potential employers to identify internship opportunities that will provide students with an opportunity to engage and learn about careers in the design and construction industry.
• Prepare information materials for distribution and website posting that provide an introduction to LACCD Interns Program and available internship opportunities. Determine integration of social media to maximize program awareness and to promote available internship opportunities to students.
• Identify workforce development organizations to provide LACCD Interns with resources to address barriers to access and participation, unique skills-building workshops (i.e., interview skills, time management, communications) to maximize employability and successful internship completion, and additional internship opportunities.
• Establish a network of workforce development or training collaborators that serve youth and provide specialized services for emancipated foster care youth attending LACCD community colleges.
• Facilitate employer access to Work Opportunity Tax Credits, On-The-Job Training incentives and other program services provided by State or Federal programs to encourage placement of local youth.
• Place students in public and private sector internships, while establishing employer relationships for continued communication, evaluation and internship placements.
• Track and monitor the enrollment, training, and placement of students, and establish employer and student evaluation processes. Determine feasibility of internship site visits for ongoing student support and employer satisfaction.
• Prepare and submit to the PMO a monthly report of all activities that support the strategic plan, including but not limited to a demographic profile of participating students, number of enrolled students, employers, number of available internships, number of internship placements, and number of completed internships.
• Conduct presentations to each community college’s Academic Senate about the LACCD Interns Program accomplishments.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Minimum 10 years experience developing and implementing workforce development programs that support the market needs of multi-billion capital improvement programs, create STEM-related internship programs, and knowledge of workforce support services and funding that eliminate job placement barriers and provide employer incentives to hire and mentor youth.
• Communicate verbally and in written form in a professional manner.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Create materials to build awareness of the Build Program’s College Internship Program.
• Act judiciously under pressure and adhere to District protocols at all times.
• Develop and execute strategies that will increase access and internship placement opportunities for college students through strong industry partnerships.
• Must possess a Bachelor of Arts/Science or related Degree from a recognized college or university
Preferred coursework emphasis in business, communications, public administration, construction management, engineering, or other coursework supplemented by direct, documented experience in this field.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Thursday August 21, 2014 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Project Coordinator IV (College Internship Program Coordinator)