Project Development Manager (Closed)
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Program: Los Angeles Unified School District – Asset Management
Number of Positions: Four (4)
Salary Range: $136.2K to $160.1K annual base salary plus benefits
- Plans and coordinates the execution of pre-construction activities associated with the preparation for the building of new schools and modernization projects.
- Responsible for the scope, schedule and budget, and overall success of multiple, new and modernization, school projects.
- Resolves complex planning, design and construction project-related issues, disputes and disagreements.
- Develops, assigns and monitors performance of Assistant Facility Development Managers (AFDM), Design Managers (DM) and Design professionals relative to assigned projects.
- Reports on project budget, schedule and issues. Provides information and analysis of project issues to Departmental, Branch and Board representatives.
- Reviews status and overall planning, design and construction project progress relative to submittal schedules. Reviews project through all development phases, and assesses status, progress and potential.
- Coordinates with representatives from various utility and government agencies to obtain timely action on successive phases of project completion.
- Assists project team staff with A/E contracts, bid and contract planning.
- Reviews and verifies Design Professional contract scope, fees and applications for payment, and performs overall fiscal management of multiple projects.
- Provides functional direction over areas of responsibility including project schedules, cost control, dispute resolution, contract administration and quality control.
- Coordinates project activities, requirements, and schedules with other District organizational branches and departments such as the Office of Environmental Health and Safety, Design and A/E Technical Support, Project Execution, Facilities Contract Administration, Inspection Unit, Maintenance and Operations, local Educational Service Centers and site personnel.
- Develops and recommends internal policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ten (10) years of experience managing the planning, design, construction and coordination of capital projects.
- Five (5) years of the above experience in educational facility construction or public works projects.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with scoping and planning of new construction and/or modernization projects
- Experience with the Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes.
- Experience with LEED and/or Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS) projects.
- Experience with the development of major facilities (CEQA, agency approvals, coordination with City and County agencies).
- Experience with both project delivery and procurement methods for public projects
- Experience with community engagement processes and strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Experience in Formal Construction Partnering
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
PREFERRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California State Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
- LEED Professional Accreditation
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Resumes previously submitted under the following calls will not accepted:
Deadline to submit resume:
Tuesday October 12, 2021 @ 12 noon (no late submissions accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: LAUSD Project Development Manager
Approximate Processing Time:
SHORTLIST: Within 1 week from resume submission
INTERVIEW: Within 2 weeks from resume submission
SELECTION NOTIFICATION: Within 3 weeks from resume submission
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com