Project Engineer II (Closed)
Project Engineer II
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
West Los Angeles Campus, Culver City, CA
Salary Range: $83.0K to $97.7K annual base salary, depending upon experience
• Provides technical and engineering support to the College Project Teams (CPT) including Project Managers and Construction Managers
• Coordinates with Program Management Office (PMO) staff, contractors, architects, engineers, inspectors, consultants and College staff
• Participates in, and occasionally runs, design or construction meetings
• Makes field checks on construction, demolition, rehabilitation, alteration addition or repair projects to determine compliance with job specifications, plans, established College standards, and Division of the State Architect (DSA) requirements
• Reads and interprets construction plans and shop drawings
• Assists in preparing written materials including correspondence, reports, procedures, and guidelines
• Supports development of weekly/monthly status and photos reports for project team
• Reviews, estimates, negotiates, and processes construction change orders and construction field orders
• Reviews and enforces construction and professional services contracts
• Manages and directs contractors and outside consultants including reviewing and approving invoices
• Assesses project risks and develops risk registers including mitigation strategies
• Facilitates resolutions of construction and design issues
• Coordinates with Architects for timely and accurate responses to requests for information, submittals, Construction Change Documents, etc.
• Generates and distributes meeting minutes (construction meetings, design meetings, etc..)
• Confirms contractor’s maintenance of record drawings prior to monthly progress payments to the Contractor
• Maintain project files in both electronic and paper format
• Reviews submittals for conformance to plans and specifications
• Generates and drafts Proposed Board Actions (PBA)
• Other job-related duties or projects as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• 5-8 years minimum recent professional experience in a similar or equivalent position involved in project or construction
• BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related degree. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to take initiative and make sound decisions.
• Experience on Educational programs/projects.
• Experience on Division of State Architect (DSA) projects.
• Experience on Central plant projects.
• Experience on large public works programs.
• Experience with Proliance or similar PMIS systems
• Professional Engineer License (PE), Certified Construction Manager (CCM), or similar credentials
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Monday May 14, 2018 @ 11:59am (no late submissions will be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Engineer II
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of May 21, 2018
Interviews: Week of May 28, 2018
Anticipated Start: June 2018
Recruitment No.: SAC-171
(See instructions above to submit resume, do not use the “Apply For Job” tab shown below)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com