Project Manager I – Security (Closed)
Project Manager I – Security
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD), District-wide
Salary Range: $130.8K to $153.9K annual base salary, depending upon experience
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and reviews project management activities with regard to construction of local bond measures, state matching funds, construction and modernization projects and reports performance of College Project Management team and construction projects.
- Resolves complex, construction project related issues, disputes, and disagreements
- Follow and successfully execute program Quality Management System
- Report and collaborate with Program Management Office on all project matters
- Review and develop contract documents
- Identify risk and create risk mitigation plans successfully
- Documents and reports all project data accurately and in a timely manner
- Create and present project and college data clearly to multiple stakeholder groups
- Successfully manage and execute 5 to 10 projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value and complexity from $2M to $15M each.
- Successfully delivering construction projects on schedule and within budget
- Coordination of budget and schedule information with the Relocation Project Manager regarding FF&E, Asset Disposition/Surplus, and Relocation
- Successfully closeout projects to include DSA closeout and PMO/District closeout
- Tracks all project status and provides management reports relative to overall program relative to construction project delivery schedules
- Tracks status and provides management reports relative to scheduling, cost control, staffing and other related construction contract requirements
- Reviews and inspects construction site offices to assess performance of construction teams and adherence to legal requirements
- Reviews recommended actions in resolving disputes relative to construction projects
- Directs and assists in outreach efforts to provide information about college projects.
- Testing and Commissioning
- Performs other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 years’ experience planning, implementing, and coordinating Security projects
- Experience upgrading door hardware and electronic access control.
- Experience designing LAN and IT Network Architecture to support Access Control and CCTV/Video Surveillance Systems
- Demonstrated experience with Door Hardware Replacement projects
- Demonstrated experience with Electronic Access Control projects
- Demonstrated experience deploying wireless locks
- Demonstrated experience with Video Surveillance projects
- Coordination with Public Safety Departments, IT, and Facilities
- BA or BS in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, Information Technology or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- 5 years’ experience in Management of multiple construction projects; experience within a large capital improvement program and familiarity with relevant Public Codes
- 7 years’ experience planning, implementing, and coordinating Security projects
- Experience working with the following Security product Manufacturers: Schlage, Best, Sergeant, Axis, Sony, Bosch, Lenel, HID.
- Experience working with the following LAN and Network Switching Technologies: HPE, Cisco, Aruba
- Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include master planning, design and closeout
- 3 years’ experience in Higher Education Facility Construction
- Experience in multiple construction delivery methods
- Experience with using a web-based project management system such as Proliance
- A valid Project Management (PMP) credential by Project Management Institute (PMI)
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Monday July 9, 2018 @ 8:00am (no late submissions can be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project I Security
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of July 10, 2018
Interviews: week of July 16, 2018
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: July 2018
Recruitment No.: SAC-180
See instructions above to submit resume. Do not use the “APPLY FOR JOB” tab shown below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org