Project Manager IV College Project Director (Closed)
Project Manager IV (College Project Director)
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District
Location: One of nine college campuses (to be determined)
Salary Range: $176.8K to $208.0K annual, depending upon experience
• Lead a construction team in accordance with district and program policies and procedures for College construction bond operations.
• Train team on all LACCD and PMO policies and procedures
• Follow and successfully execute program Quality Management System
• Report and collaborate with Program Management Office on all project matters
• Review and develop contract documents
• Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and report performance of College Project Management team and construction projects.
• Identify risk and create risk mitigation plans successfully
• Documents and reports all project data accurately and in a timely manner
• Create and present project and college data clearly to multiple stakeholder groups
• Successfully manage and execute 10 to 40 projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value and complexity from $10M to $80M each.
• Successfully delivering construction projects on schedule and within budget
• Coordination of budget and schedule information with the Relocation Project Manager regarding FF&E, Asset Disposition/Surplus, and Relocation
• Successfully closeout projects to include DSA closeout and PMO/District closeout
• Tracks all project status and provides management reports relative to overall progress relative to construction project delivery schedules
• Tracks status and provides management reports relative to scheduling, cost control, staffing and other related construction contract requirements
• Reviews and inspects construction site offices to assess performance of construction teams and adherence to legal requirements
• Reviews recommended actions in resolving disputes relative to construction projects
• Directs and assists in outreach efforts to provide information about college projects.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• 15 years experience in Management of multiple construction projects; experience within a large Capital Improvement program and familiarity with relevant Public Codes.
• 7 years experience in Educational Facility Construction preferred.
• BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
• Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
• Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include master planning, design and closeout
• Experience in alternative delivery method
• Experience with using a web based project management system such as Proliance
• Experience in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS)
• Experience in Formal Construction Partnering
• Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes or similar
• A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the California State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
• A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Friday July 1, 2016 @ 9:00am
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Manager IV (College Project Director)
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of July 4, 2015
Interviews: July 2016
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: July 2016