Scheduler II LAMP (Closed)
SCHEDULER II LAMP
Assignment: Los Angeles World Airports / Landside Access Modernization Program (LAMP)
Salary: $106.1K to $124.8K annual salary depending upon experience
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The scheduler reports to the Scheduling Lead. The successful candidate will have proven scheduling experience with complex, multi-phase, multi-million dollar design and construction projects. General duties shall include, but not be limited to, prepare detail schedules, review of contractor schedules and review TIA’s. The Scheduler is the liaison between the Project Managers, Program Controls Manager and team, communicating project schedule analysis and reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Develop and maintain detailed construction planning schedules for new construction and renovation work, as required. These schedules may incorporate several scenarios used to finalize construction sequencing and contracting plans. Special emphasis will be focused on stakeholder issues for the terminal improvements.
• Develop and analyze man-hour resources, equipment resources and cost loaded, time-phased schedules.
• Prepare detailed plans and time scaled charts and diagrams
• Monitor project progress against an established baseline.
• Provide impact analysis of schedule changes, identify schedule variances and opportunities and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the Project Management team.
• Maintain simplified logic schedules to highlight status of key interfaces for critical path review.
• Review design and/or construction schedules and provide written comments. Coordinate schedule comments and corrections with Contractors
• Advise senior management of schedule performance issues
• Evaluate requests for time extensions
• Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments. Responsible for promptly reporting schedule slippage or other variances.
• Possesses master schedule system and project interface and integration understanding and appreciation for time frames necessary including BHS, Special Systems, Power, HVAC and other aviation related disciplines.
• Perspective for base building core and shell schedule development and timeframe needed for tenant build out successfully merging competing interests. History of successful communicator, collaborator and facilitator.
• Ability to work with others, a self-starter with results-driven focus.
• Capability to assume additional responsibilities.
• Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment.
• Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous position.
• Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience
• Demonstrated experience with Primavera Project Planner Version 6.0 or higher is required.
• Experience with large-scale construction management type software such as Prolog is desirable.
• Microsoft Office Suite of software is required.
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat and/or Bluebeam is required.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE LEVEL/OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
• 10-years scheduling experience with 5-years in direct support of an active construction project, preferably terminal renovation work.
• Demonstrated experience scheduling the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort. Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical- and management-level personnel.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Construction Management, Engineering or any related filed
• Element-Specific Requirements/Notes
• May assume other duties as required/needed
• May work overtime
• Maybe required to work various shifts as needed
• A four-year degree is preferred, however a two-year technical degree augmented with courses and/or seminars in engineering change control, change requests, contract administration, project management, is acceptable.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Wednesday May 17, 2017 @ 3:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: LAWA Scheduler II LAMP
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org