Scheduler III (Closed)
Scheduler III MSC
Assignment: Los Angeles World Airports
Salary: up to $156.0K annual, depending upon experience
The Senior Scheduler reports to the Terminal Element Manager and the MSC Project Controls Manager; and is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities.
• Develop and maintain detailed construction planning schedules for new construction and renovation work, as required. These schedules may incorporate several scenarios used to finalize construction sequencing and contracting plans. Special emphasis will be focused on stakeholder issues for the terminal improvements.
• Develop and analyze man-hour resources, equipment resources and cost loaded, time-phased schedules.
• Prepare detailed plans and time scaled charts and diagrams
• Monitor project progress against an established baseline.
• Provide impact analysis of schedule changes, identify schedule variances and opportunities and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the Project Management team.
• Maintain simplified logic schedules to highlight status of key interfaces for critical path review.
• Review third-party design and/or construction schedules and provide written comments. Participate with third-party schedulers to address the comments.
• Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments. Responsible for promptly reporting schedule slippage or other variances.
• Possesses master schedule system and project interface and integration understanding and appreciation for time frames necessary including BHS, Special Systems, Power, HVAC and other aviation related disciplines.
• Perspective for base building core and shell schedule development and timeframe needed for MSC build out successfully merging competing interests. History of successful communicator, collaborator and facilitator.
Element Specific Requirements:
The Senior Scheduler reports to the MSC Project Manager; and is responsible for providing direct support to the MSC and Enabling Projects team for the scheduling and stakeholder coordination activities related to the project. The successful candidate will have proven experience scheduling complex, multi-phase, multi-million dollar airport terminal construction and/or renovation projects. The job duties include: Prepares detailed plans and time scaled charts and diagrams; Provides development and analysis of man-hour resources, equipment resources and cost loaded, time-phased schedules; and Promptly reports schedule slippage or other unsatisfactory performance. This position may be assigned as the only Scheduler on one or more smaller projects.
Hardware / Software Knowledge:
• Microsoft Office Suite of software is required.
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat is required.
• Demonstrated experience with Primavera Project Planner Version 6.0 or higher is required.
• Experience with large-scale construction management type software such as Prolog is desirable.
Professional Experience Level and Other Qualifications:
• Minimum 10-years scheduling experience, with 15-years preferred, in direct support of an active construction project, preferably terminal renovation work.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or any related fields
• Demonstrated experience scheduling the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort.
• Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical and complicated construction program; and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical- and management-level audience.
• Ability to work with others, a self-starter with results-driven focus; cpability to assume additional responsibilities; and proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment.
• Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous positions.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Monday January 26, 2015 @ 12:00noon
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: Scheduler III
At a minimum submitted resume must include detailed employment history with:
1) Name & Location of company or government agency
2) Start Date and End Date (Month & Year)
3) Positions Held
4) List of Projects/Programs Managed including:
a) project value $$
b) location of assignment
c) roles and responsibilities
d) contribution to each project