Senior Design Manager
SENIOR DESIGN MANAGER
Program: Los Angeles Unified School District – Asset Management
Number of Positions: Two (2)
Salary Range: $145.8K to $171.6K annual base salary plus benefits
- Plans, organizes, and directs the design activities for the School Upgrade Program and critical repair projects. Functions as the lead design professional in the Design Department providing quality review, implementation of policy and procedures and interface and coordinates with the Division of State Architects (DSA).
- Manages, develops, and coordinates the District’s design process for the Facilities Planning and
- Development Division to ensure that plans are within functional program, budgetary, environmental and legal requirements.
- Manages multiple projects through interaction with Architects, consultants, and District personnel from project conception, through draft to final review, approval, and handoff to Project Execution
- Oversees the building design process to ensure compliance with LAUSD’s standards and guidelines for the District by working with design professionals and various District administrators to ensure that new and modernized structures meet both educational and building standards requirements.
- Establishes and follows a process to identify and select the architectural firm best suited for each project based on the firms’ qualifications and ability to meet performance standards.
- Provides Architects with clear and consistent direction with regard to goals and objectives, standards, site, schedule, and budget for each project.
- Establishes and follows an effective and efficient design review process to ensure that the design meets the overall goals and objectives for the project, provides maximum value for dollars budgeted, and are appropriate and enduring to meet the functional needs of the District, the local community, and the environment
- Ensures that decisions are made in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all steps within the project are documented and that the documentation meets legal requirements.
- Reviews design changes submitted to ensure project remains within budget.
- Recommends architectural firm assignment from an established list of pre-qualified architectural firms.
- Participates in community relations and outreach programs to create understanding and acceptance of District building projects design within the community.
- Coordinates with a host of professional staff who support the design function of the department.
- Develops continuing education opportunities, i.e., seminars and workshops, to learn and share-upto-date information on working with architects and contractors.
- Coordinates project activities with other District organizational branches and departments such as the Office of the Environmental Health and Safety, A/E Design Services, Maintenance and Operations, School Occupancy Transitional Unit, Asbestos Technical Unit and Local Districts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 15 years full time paid professional experience managing the facilities design, or the planning and coordination of capital projects that included the overall design, contract administration, cost estimating, and scheduling activities
- 5 years of this experience must be with the design, planning and construction of educational facilities or similar public agencies
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering
A master’s degree in Architecture or Engineering
PREFERRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California State Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- Experience with LEED and/or the Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS)
- Experience with the Division of State Architects (DSA) construction/design process
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Wednesday December 1, 2021 @ 9:00am (no late submissions accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: LAUSD Senior Design Manager
Approximate Processing Time:
SHORTLIST: Within 1 week from resume submission
INTERVIEW: Within 2 weeks from resume submission
SELECTION NOTIFICATION: Within 3 weeks from resume submission
Recruitment # CM-SDM-1121-26
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com