Senior Office Engineer (Closed)
SENIOR OFFICE ENGINEER
Client / Project: Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) M&O
Salary Range: $101.0K to $120.8K annual base salary, depending upon experience.
Number of positions: Six (6)
- Coordinates various aspects of project delivery and leads the administration of construction projects including planning, design, budget maintenance, scheduling, labor compliance and completing close-out activities.
- Schedule, document and track project planning and engineering activities with Project Managers, contractors, field staff and other stakeholders.
- Reads, interprets and evaluates architectural and engineering plans and proposals and provides contracting strategies and execution, and coordinates award forms and documentation.
- Reviews and responds to Requests for Clarifications (RFC), Change Order Proposals (COP) and Change Directives (CD) for quality assurance and merit.
- Prepares cost estimates and assists in negotiating a fair and reasonable cost for change orders submitted by contractors.
- Reviews and monitors applications for payment and ensures projects are delivered within approved timelines.
- Performs site walks to verify field conditions and develop progress or status reports.
- Reviews contractor baseline schedules, including analysis of critical path and recovery schedules.
- Reviews Constructability Review and ensure compliance with District standards, Division of State Architect (DSA) guidelines and building code requirements.
- Maintain project files and logs that include correspondence, contractor invoices and progress statements, change orders as well as claims, timesheets and extra services.
- Coordinates progress meetings with contractors, project managers and field staff; prepares agendas and records meeting minutes and follows up on action items.
- Acts as support staff in the collection of contract data and documentation to resolve changes and claims.
- Assists in project close-out activities and acquisition of technical documents, project records, including as-builts, drawings, test records and maintenance of manuals.
- Leads efforts in performing tests required to ensure material compliance with plans and specifications.
- Performs other duties as directed by Senior Project Managers / OARs or Project Engineers.
- Eight (8) years full time paid professional experience in a similar or equivalent position involved in project or construction management of commercial and/or public or educational facility construction projects with values in excess of $15M.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Experience with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS).
- Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design process.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management.
- Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-foryear basis, provided that graduation from high school or evidence of equivalent educational proficiency is met.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Monday September 18, 2023 @ 9:00am (late submissions cannot be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LAUSD Senior Office Engineer
Approximate Processing Time:
SHORTLIST: Within 1 week after deadline to submit resume.
INTERVIEW: Within 2 weeks after deadline to submit resume.
SELECTION NOTIFICATION: Within 3 weeks after deadline to submit resume.
Recruitment No.: CM-SOE-0923-23
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org