Sustainability Project Coordinator (Closed)
SUSTAINABILITY PROJECT COORDINATOR
Scope – Approximately 8-10 hrs/wk (possibly more hrs at the beginning of assignment).
Metro kicked off their Sustainability Plan Program in 2012 by including the Sustainability Plan Specification (Section 01 35 63) in the contract requirements for major capital projects. The Sustainability Plan Program goals are at a minimum to efficiently implement the mandatory measures listed in the Current Edition of California Code of Regulations (CCR), CALGreen, Part 11 of Title 24, and to record the benefits associated with each measure. Additionally, for facilities greater than 10,000 SF, the Design/Build Team must achieve LEED Silver Certification, at a minimum. The Design/Build Team is required to develop an approved Sustainability Plan which addresses sustainable practices throughout design and construction for the following categories:
• Planning and Design
• Energy Efficiency
• Water Efficiency and Conservation
• Material Conservation and Resource Efficiency
• Environmental Quality
Currently, the following projects are adhering to the Sustainability Plan Spec:
• Purple Line Extension Phase I
• Regional Connector
• Building 61S
• Southwest Yard (Division 16)
The Sustainability Plan Consultant shall provide highly qualified, technical and administrative staff with expertise in, but not limited to, the following areas:
• Create agendas for weekly update meetings
• Take Meeting Minutes at key meetings
• Maintain document control for all projects
• Request reference submittals from Metro Team
• Manage Smartsheet (Online Software Application) for all submittals and deliverables
• Coordinate/schedule meetings and conference calls
• Compose Presentations and handouts
• Degree in a related field with 2-3 years of relevant professional experience.
• LEED Accreditation a plus. Knowledge of multiple sustainability rating and certification systems preferred.
• Capable of working with minimal supervision.
• Analytical thinker with strong problem solving skills.
• Detail oriented and organized with proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Monday October 10, 2016 @ 10:00am
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: Metro Sustainability Project Coordinator
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com